Monday, September 25, 2006

Guess who's back...back again....

Ok, I know it hasn't been THAT long, but it feels like I have been away from the blog world for a while..especially as far as reading my fellow bloggers posts(GO CHECK THEM OUT!) I felt bad that I missed so many great posts and just got done catching up. No real good reason as to why I haven't been to active in the last week. Probably mainly because my mother in law has been here since Wednesday and I didn't want to be too antisocial and spend all night on the computer like usual. I did miss it though and once she leaves tomorrow, I am sure my addiction to the net will return to normal.

Still no word on jobs yet. Keep applying, but no news yet. I did get a phone call from one I sent my resume to (Thanks for helping out Jen!), but the job wasn't really something I was interested in. I guess all I can do is keep applying. For now, I have been working for my "step-mother in law" here in town at her medical billing job. I'm getting paid to do some pretty easy stuff - computer work, calling insurance companies, etc. so it's cool. Someone who works for her just quit so I am working way more than me or her thought. I'm not complaining. She interviewed someone new for the job, but told her she didn't want to have her start until I found a job. Pretty cool.

I haven't done a photoshop pic in a while. I want to do a new one. Got any suggestions? All submissions will be considered and maybe even done. Ideas? Please...

6 comments:

Miss Sassy Pants said...

Oh yay - you addiction to the internet will return. I can hardly wait. Maybe I'll ask my mom to stay forever...

Anonymous said...

I wondered where you were. Say hi to Jess's mom.
Try putting yourself in the Desperate Housewives picture. You be Eva Longoria.
Too bad you weren't interested in trying the bank Jenn works at. They are very large and an entry level position could have eventually lead to a training position or something. Think outside the box. Think big. Hugs...

MrManuel said...

Wife - You are almost addicted as me!

LaChou - Yes, Merman is a good idea.

Nani - One thing I didn't like about that bank job is that when I mentioned career advancement and my desire to move on, she didn't sound too excited. Instead of, "Well, of course you will have that opportunity.. ", it was more along the lines of, "Well, I guess there might be something down the line." I also would a prefer not to work at a place that is just expanding - I want a place that is already established in its current situation. I am willing to somewhat think outside the box, but security and comfort level is more important right now.

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you are back too. I miss your wit and humor. Love ya!

Anonymous said...

That door will open. Keep looking with the certain knowledge that you will find your dream job! Sounds New Agey but it works!

MrManuel said...

POM - God luck with getting an IPOD. I have a Creative jukebox and it is one of the best things I have ever owned!

Mom - Yup, I'm funny!

Sonja - I know I'll find it eventually...