Thursday, September 28, 2006

I'm a murderer

I killed yesterday. I'm a murderer. Something that was once alive and breathing is no longer alive because of me. I was moving the trash cans out to the curb for garbage pickup when it happened. How was I ever supposed to know there would be a living creature under the wheel. Who takes a nap under a wheel. Didn't their mommy or daddy teach them better? So I moved the trash can and out it moved...or hopped in this case. Yes, I had mortally wounded a frog. A frog, in my front yard. In all my years in Sacramento, I have never had a frog appear on my property so it was quite the sight. Too bad I had damged him so much that he wouldn't live much longer. I decided to put the poor creature out of his misery. I hope the court goes gentle on me.

My love for the Civil War storyline in Marvel Comics right now is bordering on obsessive. It is THAT good. I will be writing an update on the storyline tomorrow.

I tried finding a picture of the Merman in Zoolander online, but have come up empty unfortunately. If I had the DVD, I could just get a screen capture, but it is not in my library. I just can't bring myself to do the Desperate Housewives picture.

I am adding a new feature on my sidebar. Since I am usually in the middle of reading a book, I will have an image of what book I am reading there. The review of the book will come when I am done. Have a good weekend everbody.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Riiibbit!!

So that's where my beloved pet disappeared to. I'll never forgive you...but I'll still read your blog!
I like the book idea, I'm a huge reader too, love to read other's reviews. Nice feature.

Miss Sassy Pants said...

The frog thing broke my heart. When you called me over to see, and the poor little guy was kinda moving and his guts were coming out, it made me so sad. You had to end it for him - it was the humane thing to do.

BUT WHY HAVEN'T YOU PICKED UP HIS LITTLE CARCAS YET?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

I too like the "What I'm reading" feature. That book is SOOOOOOOO good! I'm sorry I fell in and out of sleep last night when you were reading to me. (Yes, ladies and gentlemen, Manuel reads to me on occasion. And I tell you what - I sleep the best sleep ever when he does!)

Anonymous said...

It was probably a toad, not a frog since frogs live in water. Poor little toadie. Get his dead body up before the ants get it. YUCK!
If you don't want to be Eva, that is OK. Merman should be good.
Have a good weekend. Sunday is Uncle Skip's BD.

Anonymous said...

Poor little froggie : (
I was in Mike's backyard the other night and by the dogs' food dish was a little frog and it started hopping. It freaked the crap out of me because well stupid me I bent down to take a closer look and when I bent down it leaped.aaaahhhh
Another thing that freaked me out was the other day dad had a praying mantis crawling on his back and you know how dad is he'll try to freak you out even more by moving closer and trying to get you to touch the bug. Scary thoughts.

Anonymous said...

Is there a frog invasion? I still love you son - unconditionally - even though you killed a poor innocent thing!

Jose said...

I just hope that flies, roaches and ants don't count, because I have killed many of those.

As for poor little toad, may he rest in peace.

RIBBIT

MrManuel said...

Sonja - Thanks, I like the new feature too!

Wife - Why has't a cat eaten it yet?!?!

LaChou - Still working on getting Zoolander to do the pic

Nani - Actually, it was a frog. I could tell by the lenght of his hind legs. Long. Toads have stumpy hind legs while they are longer in frogs. Probably wandered over from the creek near me.

Cass- Yeah, Dad always tries to get us with bugs...

Mom - Yeah, I'm a killer

Jose - Welcome back from your cruise.