Saturday, September 02, 2006

Night Panther rocks, US Basketball does not

A BIG BIG thanks to Night Panther for fixing my text size. The explanation he gave for how to fix it shows me that it was definitely an accident, something that is actually easy to accidently do with a touchpad on a laptop. But, I'm all fixed and can now read my teenie text. Give him a visit on my sidebar.

I have also added two new links two the sidebar which is also now in alphabetical order. My cousins Jennifer and Allison have taken it upon themselves to open their own blog after reading this one for a while. Go visit them at Crazy Bitch Blog. I have also had Jose's blog, Joe Cool's Blog. Jose, from Arizona is a Hispanic, family-oriented man who has written some funny and thought provoking posts since I started reading him. Give him a read.

Finally, congrats to US Basketball for their third place finish at the FIBA World Championships. This is an amazing achievement. SARCASM!!! Ok, third would be great for the US Soccer team, but not US Basketball. I am tired of getting pushed around by teams we should beat. We have most of the best players in the best league. So why haven't we won a tournament in basketball since 2000? Well, the other coutries have caught up to us while we haven't really improved. And frankly, the other teams just simply play a better team game. The international game is different and we have not adapted to that yet. From 1992-2000, it didn't matter because are players were jsut far superior to the other players that we could just rely on our individual skills alone. Not anymore. We have to adjust and it hasn't happened. It will be interesting to see how we prepare for the Olympics in 2 years. We might be better off just sending one of our good NBA teams, preferably one will mostly Americans who don't rely on a foreign player(getting harder to do now)because they know how to play as a team already. I think the Heat might have had a better chance in this tournament. Just speculation, but it would be fun to see. Heck, send the Kings!!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good Morning!
Yes, I am also so proud of our US Basketball team winning third place. NOT! I agree with you. It is humiliating to take third when we have an excellent assortment of players. They are not a team though. You are also right in that we should send an entire team next time. They have chemistry and have worked together and the ego thing has been worked out.
Can't wait to see how our Kings do this season.

Anonymous said...

The international teams have definitely stepped it up since our original "Dream Team". That was definitely the end of an era. International teams are definitely stepping it up as is noted by how many international players are playing on the NBA now.

Crazy Bitch said...

Thanks for the mention, Man! I really have been having a good time writing! I have always been a writer, but just didn't ever develop it. I hope everyone enjoys our stories! Thanks for the inspiration!

Anonymous said...

This new format confuses me - Not sure I like it - Leaving this comment is like old times, however. To post a comment on your cousin's blog is a little different as well. Oh well, I'll get used to it - I guess I have to!

MrManuel said...

Nani - Kings season should be, um, interesting.

Mom - There is only ONE Dream Team!

CB - Any time, good luck!

Mom - I don't know what to tell ya. Now it is going back to the old page. I don't know!

npanth said...

Glad to help out, I knew being a nerd would come in handy some day ;)