Sunday, September 03, 2006

The Interview

Sorry I couldn't get to you sooner to tell you about the interview. Thanks for being patient.

It went really well. We talked for 30 minutes. I met 2 of the 4 doctors. They asked me why I wanted to change jobs (I gave them the reason of having the same schedule as Manuel, not that I am tired of being abused and unappreciated at work.) They asked me why I applied for this job (I told them I like patient teaching, I like being a resource for people - it's my favorite part of what I do now.)

They said that they are a tight-knit little family. They are relaxed and laid back. They laugh and have fun. In fact, I made one of the ladies laugh so hard she snorted (I asked what their patient population was, like, do they have teeth?)

Then they laid it on me. Apparently this position doesn't exist - I would not be filling an existing position. Instead, the person who takes this position will develop the entire prenatal program at the office - from designing a comfortable, welcoming room where the histories and interviews can take place, to developing a "cheat sheet" list of the patients and their issues so the on-call doctor can quick look to see who they're talking to, to attending conferences with the docs on the hi-risk patients.

They flat out said to me, "Your opinions, ideas and input will be taken seriously and valued."

I'll be valued. Imagine that...

I should know on Tuesday. My fingers and toes, Manuel's fingers and toes, my mom's fingers and toes are all crossed.

4 comments:

MrManuel said...

I hope you get it babe! Tuesday will be a long day of waiting...

Anonymous said...

This is the fourth time I've tried to post a comment. Something is wrong. Here goes...
I am thrilled with the posibilites that await you here. I know you will be perfect in the position. This is exactly where I hoped your career would take you. I'm hoping and praying they see the same things I see in you. Hugs and big time hopes! :-)

Crazy Bitch said...

Score! This is exactly what you need! If you get it, it was fate!

Jose said...

Just in case, here's another set of fingers and toes crossed on your behalf.