Wednesday, September 20, 2006

The Insightful Mrvideoguy

Ya remember that kid who sat in the back of the 12th grade English class and said nothing to anyone and got the highest grade? He became Cassie's love interest that's what! Where were ya tonight kiddo? I'm housesitting for a friend who has a pool and a spa in the backyard and you just go and leave me high and dry. What's up with that? I can't help it now cause now I get to bug your brother and amuse your mom all at the same time. Plus sooner or later I will get you admit that "brother's hot friends" thing to the world. I will crack you sooner or later. Or I will get the restraining order. Either way should make for a fun time and one hell of a blog from JAIL someday for me. Promise to bail me out Manuel please?

So, it's 3 am and we all know I do my best thinking at round this time.

Here are a few things I have been called in my life..........If my memory serves me right that is.......................

Kind
Caring
Insightful
Chubby
Fat
Smart
Funny
Shy
Adorable
Cute
Hot
Normal
Calm
Hostile
Unemotional

You get the point. The opinion is still out I think as far as what others think. Me, myself, well I can sum it all up in one well-rounded word.

Introverted.

I will give the audience credit here and not go and define the word as much as just define myself through it. It is 3 o'clock in the morning and the only light in the house that is on is coming from the computer screen and I couldn't be happier. I have one more day off till I jump back to work and I just want to spend it alone. I have a job that requires me to leave in a vehicle alone and come back solo having done the tasks I was assigned for that given day. I will probably make my way to a basketball court tomorrow in search of an empty basketball court. Meaning I'd rather play with myself than with others. And for those who caught that, stop laughing you filthy dogs you. I find my introversion tends to lead to the development of my better qualities, but I will focus on a con

I have been called selfish on more than one occasion. I would like for others to know that I don't find myself so important that I have to sit around alone thinking of only myself. There are more variables than that. It is with sadness that I find that my introverted lifestyle has led to a foundationless spirit within. This is why I can focus on something so completely and totally and then drop it within a month. It's the reason why when asked if I wanted or desire a family of my own I have no other answer but "I don't care." A life spent shooting holes in the beliefs of others leaves me very much island bound. Stuck to forever shout that I really do care.

Take this blog for example. Anonymity. Quite freeing. Why do you think I keep writing? At this point I think I write solely for the response more than for the expression of my feelings. I will come back later today and just search for comments to see what someone says about my post. More to the point about me. Does this make me selfish? Am I whoring myself out just for a quick fix? Maybe I am an addict without an addiction and for the time being writing is my CRACK. Even the slightest mention of an outside fan I wasn't aware of makes me wanna "Show Off". That said I have no real sense of my own gifts or talents or if I am just simply wasting seconds of my life with documented babble. Even as I write this I realize I sound more and more like the tortured soul I only wish I was cause then I would have a reason for being this way.

Enough for now. I have some goals to reach, some errands to run, and some money to spend. Anyone know any good hair removal facilities? I could use a good waxing. That should be my closing survey question. Did everyone who just read this laugh at my final comedic attempt? Come on people admit it. Male waxing is funny. Rabble Rock!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good insight into yourself. If writing was your "crack addiction" you would write everyday. Still, you are a good writer. Enjoyable post. Write more Rich. It is good for you and fun for us.

Anonymous said...

Rich, if you would have looked I was waiting in the bedroom!.....oh I'm so joking nobody take that seriously!
I just should have never made that comment about my "brothers hot friends", but I'll never crack.
This is too fun! What can we make people think next Rich!

Anonymous said...

The subject of male waxing reminds of one thing: "Kelly Clarkson!!!" (for those of you comedically impaired, that's from the movie the "40-year-old Virgin")
Keep writing Rich. It's good for you. I am also an "introvert" and writing helps me clean out the cupboard, so to speak (I was going to say "clean out the closet" but I thought that might have unintended overtones).

Anonymous said...

Good post. Introverts unite!