Sunday, December 17, 2006

Another brawl

Last night saw another brawl in the NBA. Not really too surprising, as the big grown men beat on each other for two and half hours. It just drew my attention because some of my least favorite people in the NBA were involved. First the background: Nuggets were up by around 20 with only a couple of minutes left and still had the starters in. Why? Were they rubbing it in? Well, according to some people, yes. Larry Brown was treated pretty shittily as a coach last year in his one year as coach of the Knicks. Isiah Thomas, who controls the Knicks, could probably be seen at the main person responsible for it. So who coaches the Nuggets? Not Brown, but George Karl, who is a good friend of Larry Brown. The rubbing it in was seen by some as Gerge Karl retaliating against how Isiah, now the coach of the Knicks, treated his friend. What a better way than a blowout?

So, according to sources, Isiah picked up on this and told Carmelo Anthony, a player for the Nuggets, that it wouldn't be a good idea to go anywhere near the paint. If that is true, that is definitely a threat. "Come anywhere near the basket and we will take you out," is pretty premeditated. So, it comes as no surprise that a Nuggets players, JR Smith, was fouled pretty hard by a Knicks player, Mardy Collins, when trying to dunk. From there the brawl was on. Pandemonium ensued. It could have been just between the two players, but Knicks player Nate Robinson was the first to get involved and take it further. Once another player gets involved, you can be sure more will follow. If Nate had just let the other two go, it might not have been so bad. But he is not the only one to blame. Carmelo, who I probably hate more than any player in the league, then ran over and sucker punched Collins right in the face. The audio picks up the brutal bunch very well.

So does Carmelo stand his ground and fight? Nope. As Collins recovered and started to give chase, Carmelo ran away like the bitch he is. When Nate Robinson tries to confront Carmelo, who is a foot taller than him, Carmelo continues to back pedal away from the fight. So that's how you fight Carmelo? Punch someone and run?

There is just so much I hate about this fight. First, Isiah. I have always hated that little bitch. If it is true that he made the initial threat, then fuck him! In fact, based on what I know about Isiah, it probably is true. He probably ordered his player to take the brutal foul. Fuck you Nate Robinson for getting involved. You made a bad situation just escalate out of control. And finally, fuck you Carmelo. Sure, your team was threatened and then the threat was carried out. You know what, I have no problem with you sticking up for your teammates. I actually have no problem with you throwing a punch to fight for your teammates after they were attacked. But, I do have a problem with sucker punching someone and then running. Thanks for confirming my belief that you are nothing but a bitch.

I would post a video of it all, butI know the NBA is already taking action to take all of the videos of the fight down so I won't even bother. I'm sure most will be gone in a few days anyway...

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

What an angry post. Who really cares about these idiots.

Sebastien Millon said...

They're a lot of people I don't like involved in this thing, including Isiah and Nate Robinson (who tried that really dumb dunk a while back in a game, did you see that, what a fool...). I was finally starting to respect Carmelo until this fight happened, what he did was stupid, unnecessary, and you're right, on top of that, he was a total bitch, he waltzes in and sucker punches a guy then runs away like a little baby.

On a better note, the Suns are playing inspired ball! This past year has been the first time I've really gotten a chance to watch the team, and they are good! But Steve Nash is really mind bogglingly good! I believe the hype!

Jose said...

Yeah, go Suns!

A long time ago, almost right after high school I decided I couldn't care less about professional sports, I hate what they have become. When they do their stupid strikes I say fire them all and bring fresh players that play because the love the sport and not because of the millions they are making.

I root for the local teams win or loose, but I don't have the passion for sports.

Battlerocker said...

I kind of agree with Nani. Who really cares? This would thing should have been a non-story. A bunch of wannabe thugs acting rough...for a few seconds before running away and hiding. Also, as usual, players only were fined. Not the coaches, who my all account started it. Business as usually. If someone other than a player were held accountable, THAT would be a story.

MrManuel said...

All - I care because it is a sport I care about. This affects my sport. You may hate the players, you may hate all of them, but an incident like this definitely affects a sport that I love and follow.

Sebastien Millon said...

I care because I've been sick and watching b-ball has been a nice way to pass the time... Hehe, otherwise, it really isn't all that important of course, but there are some teams that play well, and yes, most athletes are spoiled babies, yet some still manage to play some good basketball.

Crazy Bitch said...

It's good to see you using the f word more often! It's a good word!