Sunday, December 24, 2006

Brilliant

We just saw Rocky Balboa. Brilliant is all I can say. Truthfully, this is now one of my favorite films of all time. The emotion in this movie is just magnificent. My mom pretty much cried the WHOLE movie. Jess, who wasn't really excited about going, said she got teary eyed a few times. Now, I have been always partial to Stallone as one of my first posts ever was a tribute to Stallone films - http://manuelsview.blogspot.com/2004/12/why-hate.html. But seriously, this film exceeded my expectatins by a mile. There were plenty of naysayers when I first blogged about this movie many months ago. But truthfully, this one might be even better than the first. Bravo Stallone. You did it. You have silenced the naysayers. You have made a movie to stand up with the original.




Thank you...

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas.

I haven't seen any of the Rocky movies, or the Godfather ones, but I'm tempted to now. If just to see what they are all about.

*fingers crossed* Let's hope this works.

Sebastien Millon said...

All I can say is I'm pleasantly surprised by this review! I may have to go see this!

Hope you got lots of cool presents!

Jose said...

I did say "Why?" when I hear he was doing another Rocky movie, so I will take your rave review into consideration now as you have picked my curiosity.

Have a Happy New Year and looking forward to reading your blog in 2007.

Anonymous said...

I haven't seen it - have they hinted at yet another sequel - or is Rocky "throwing in the towel" for sure after this one???

Mom said...

I loved Rocky! I think it will definitely be his last Rocky but it was definitely worth it. The depiction of Rocky in his older age was terrific! A must see for any and all Rocky fans!

MrManuel said...

Val - It worked!!! Yes, go see them!

Seb - Got tons of cool presents! Hope you did too.

Jose - Same to you...


Sonja - Haven't heard hints, but my guess is he is done. He does have a Rambo movie to focus on now.

Mom - Glad you liked it.

Crazy Bitch said...

What the hell? It's GOOD? Guess I'll have to check it out, when it comes out on DVD.