Friday, December 08, 2006

PS3...and then some


So, I promised my view on my PS3 today. It is 10 o'clock, but I keep my promises. In simple words, I LOVE it. I have had it almost a month now and I am so not disappointed. At first, I was excited about it, but I knew it had more to offer. The problem was, it was meant for an HD TV. So, although it looked great, I knew it had more potential. I convinced Jessica, rather easily, that we should get a new TV as well. Of course, that was really out of our price range until Circuit City so kindly did a 3 year no interest plan on TVs over $999. With that kind of plan, it was more than affordable. We ended up buying a 32" Samsung 720i. I wanted a 1080, but that was definitely out of our price range. So, with the PS3 now connected to the brand new TV, it looks AMAZING. Amazing what a TV can do to improve graphics. And to boot, the sound on the new TV is amazing. So, how do I feel about the PS3 overall? It's great. I think it is great that it has Wi-Fi and connects to the internet. Now, I won't be surfing on it for fear of getting a virus, but it is cool that Sony sends updates to download and you can download everything from game demos to full games. I downloaded one demo and realized that I had to have the game. That is what is cool - not sure if you want to get it? Download the demo. So far, I am VERY happy with my purchase.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very nice! How smart of Sony to send demos for games you then must buy.

Anonymous said...

Cool, sounds like a good system, especially now that you have a new TV! I haven't played many video games in a while, and at that it was mostly pc games. But the PS3 sounds very powerful and versatile. The Wii system looks pretty cool too.

Anonymous said...

It is amazing. The basketball game you were playing looked so real. The players were lifelike. Now, with Blue Ray built in, wow!!!

npanth said...

Looks like a rocking system. Worth camping out for. ;) Glad it lived up to the hype.