Friday, December 22, 2006

COME ON!!!!!

Let me relay to you a telephone conversation that took place at work today. When I'm done, let me know if I was justified in wanting to murder this woman.

Background: She previously had a girlie-problem for which the doctor prescribed a pill, and now this girlie-problem was back and she wanted the pill again. She called me asking for it and there are a few pills I can prescribe via standing orders without asking a doctor and this is one of them.

Me: What pharmacy do you want me to call this into?
Her: The Walgreens on Fruitridge and Mack.
Me: Do you have the number?
Her: Yeah, it's 339-0872 (not the real number.)
Me: 339-0872?
Her: Yes.
Me: I'll call it in right now.
Her: Thanks.

So I dial the number but it's not the Walgreens on Fruitridge and Mack, it's the Walgreens on Auburn and Madison. But I leave the prescription anyway. And I didn't have to do this, but I'm a nice person so I call her to tell her.

Me: I wanted to let you know that the number you gave me was for the Walgreens on Auburn and Madison, so I called the prescription there.
Her: No, that's too far away!
Me: Well, that was the number you gave me.
Her: No I didn't.
Me: Um, yes you did. I even read it back to you before we hung up.
Her: 339-6549?
Me: That's not the number you gave me.
Her: Well I don't know how you got that other number... Oh, I see it right here on the bottle. Sorry.
Me: OK, so the number to the one of Fruitridge and Mack is 339-6549?
Her: Yes, 339-6549.
Me: OK, I'll call it in now.
Her: Thanks.

So I call this number. But it's not Walgreens. Oh, no...

Ring, ring...
Him: Yolo County Sherrif's Department.
Me: Um, you're not Walgreens...
Him: No...
Me: Sorry.

I try the number again, thinking maybe I misdialed. No such luck - I called the sheriff's again.

So I call the patient back... again.

Me: I've never had this much trouble calling a prescription for a patient. The number you gave me was for the Yolo County Sheriff's Department.
Her: It was? 399-6549?
Me: That's not what you gave me. I'll try that.

And indeed it FINALLY was the Walgreens on Fruitridge and Mack but MY GOD!!!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well that was frustrating. But not enough for murder. Maybe a serious beating. :-) I love your stories.

Sebastien Millon said...

I agree, that warranted a serious beating, but murder, not quite... Although we all have different thresholds!

Crazy Bitch said...

What an idiot! That bitch needs to stop smoking crack!