Sunday, December 17, 2006

Back to back baby!!!




Last night was the player of the year tournament at my house. All year we earn points from the poker tournaments at my house every two weeks. These points give us a certain number of chips for the final tournament. Well, after the elimination of 11 other players, I am the player of the year again for the second year in a row. Like I said last year, sure the money is great. I got almost $250 for first place. It might mean more to me to actually win the dorky trophy and be considered the top player of the year out of all my friends. They are all really good players so to be at the top for the second year in a row means a lot. Hey, I might be pretty good at this poker thing!




The player of the year trophy, right next to my good luck card marker.













4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, you guys sure know how to have a good time! It's hard getting people together regularly at night to play poker. We've had a couple of matches but nothing like you. Love the winner's trophy!

Anonymous said...

Well congratulations again Manuel. Nice trophy and good $$.

Battlerocker said...

I really wish I had a serious local game. The only one I have around here is with a bunch of non-serious players...they do stupid things and I wind up wining just be betting when I have good cards...no deception necessary...then I get uninvited.

It sounds like you've got a good game, congrats on winning it. I need to find one especially now that they past that silly new law about internet gambling. Grr..

MrManuel said...

Sonja - Yeah, getting people together is definitely not a problem...

Nani - Thank you!

Battlerocker - You could practice law in Sacramento here in town. We have room for you(although it is getting tight!)