Wednesday, December 20, 2006

I don't think I can move to the UK

Before I start my post, where the hell is everyone?!?!? I think I am averaging like 3 comments per post the last week or so. Is it because I switched to BETA? PLEASE, if you are having trouble commenting on my blog now, please email me at mrmanuel @ surewest . net to let me know about it so I can give some suggestions. I miss my readers...


Anyways, today I got a Christmas card in the mail from Rhys across the pond in Wales. I thought it was cool we were exchanging cards. I've never received a Christmas card from Europe. It was cool because I have always had a fascination with the UK because of things like Manchester United, Wimbledon, etc. I've always wanted to go there. In fact, my parents promised me when I was a freshman in high school that they would pay for me to go after I graduated. Still waiting on that one. So back to the card. I opened it up and what did it say? Read below(sorry for the blurriness):







"We don't have Santa here!!"

What?!?! No Santa? I still really want to go there, but my heart just broke into a million pieces. I can visit there, but not during Christmas time! Regardless, thanks for the card Rhys.













By the way, here's the trailer for Ocean's 13.

http://movies.aol.com/movie/oceans-13/24822/trailer

6 comments:

Sebastien Millon said...

Hey Manuel! Sorry for not visiting latley, been very tired... but feeling better at the moment! No freakin' Santa! Damn, those communist bastards!! Hehe, justkiddin, but seriously, how do they get their presents...

Rhys said...

Hehe, obviously the sarcastic wit of the card didn't transfer well into writing. ;) We do have Santa here. We call him santa, he exists (or my mummy said he does!).

Of course, you could also be sarcastic and I'm completely missing the point of this blog post. If that's the case: Touché. ;)

Jose said...

What a relief, there is santa in the UK.

Crazy Bitch said...

I was watching "Rick Steve's European Christmas," on KVIE(public television) and that was soooo interesting!

In the Netherlands they have a Christmas angel. Kirsten-something. She is always played by a beautiful, teenage girl.

In Italy they have the Christmas Witch. She's ugly and everything. Yikes!

They have other types of Santas, like St. Nicholas in Germany or Austria, (or both). He was a Christian Bishop who gave presents to the children, (for real).

France has some other sort of Santa. I forgot his name.

That show has been on a lot. Give it a try!

Anonymous said...

Hi Manuel! Checking in...Sorry I haven't commented lately. On my own blog, I forward dated my posts till Christmas, so my blog is on auto-pilot. I've been busy with Christmas stuff and haven't blogged for a couple of days. Still here though, and still reading you when I do computer time!!!

MrManuel said...

Seb - No problem. Just worried more that people CAN'T post.

Rhys - Yeah, I totally missed that. Oops. Ok, I have faith again...

Jose - BIG relief.

CB - Hey, that sounds like an interesting show.

Sonja - No worries. Like I said to Sebastien, I was more worried people couldn't post.