Thursday, December 07, 2006

I don't suck...the worst!

Well, as I said before I entered a photoshop contest at the ADVANCED level. Truthfully, my picture wasn't THAT good, but I had an idea for the contest and figured, "What the hell, just enter it and hope you don't get last place." So, after the voting began and I saw all the entries, I realized even more how much I have to learn. But, I didn't think I had the WORST one. And I was correct! I got 99th out of 121 people which is way down the list, but hey, think of all the people I did beat. What was cool is that I asked for constructive criticism and I got a lot of good ideas. It felt good. I don't think I will enter an advanced one for awhile unless I have a REALLY good idea, but it was still fun. Anyway, the contest was to take a cartoon character and put it in a real life setting. I thought of the game Mouse Trap, and figured I would put a few cartoon mice we all know and love in the game. Here is what I came up with:


Some of them were just awesome! One of our favorite things to do now is vote for each contest. There are two contests to vote on every day, one beginner and one advanced. All you have to do to vote is register and registration is FREE. Of course, you can always just look at the daily contests without registering. Curious? Check out www.Worth1000.com I promise, sometimes you see the most amazing entries. Be sure to tell me if you check it out, and be sure to REALLY tell me if you become addicted to the site like me! Hey, maybe you will see a contest that you have an idea for me to do! I always like ideas...

Tomorrow - My views on my PS3.......and my new tv I bought to go along with it after.

Saturday - A special day!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I loved your entry! Good that you got advice though. I can't wait to see your next project. If I get any ideas I'll let you know.
What is Saturday? Tell me, tell me now.

Anonymous said...

Where are these contests held? I like this entry, I'd be curious to see the others.

Anonymous said...

I'm going to check out that site. Another nice job by the way on the photoshop image.

I'm looking forward to the PS3 post tomorrow!

Anonymous said...

What a cute idea. You just keep getting better and better.