Monday, May 12, 2008

The 5 things that pissed me off last week #16

I am going to do this one a little different. Sure, I had pretty much the worst week in my life because of one circumstance. So to change it up a little, I am going to list 5 things that were good about last week...

#5 - Marvel made it official that they will be making an Avengers movie. The X-Men movie worked out, why can't an Avengers movie? I am so excited for this, even though it is 3 years away.


#4 - An association here in town had a community shred day which I took full advantage of. The lady who I purchased the business from kept way more files and paper than she needed to. Slowly, I had been making stacks of paper that needed to be shredded. Unfortunately, the stack reacher around 4 feet over four feet tall. My shredder would take nearly a full day to shred all of that. The UPS store shreds by the pound, but it would have been around $100. Luckily, I found out about the shred day and I got it all shredded for the reasonable price of $25. Big weight off my shoulder.


#3 - I got to spend a lot of time with my family this weekend. From barbecues to movies, I got to see a lot of them this weekend and it was a good time from start to finish.


#2 - Manchester United won their league this past weekend. Sports fans will agree - there is nothing more thrilling or exciting than having your team win a championship. It is a memory you will keep forever.


#1 - Despite the fact that it appears now that Jessica and I will never have a child, I know that we will be fine because we have each other. We are best friends. We enjoy each other's company and don't get bored of each other. After being together over 10 years and married over 5, we are still in love as we ever were. A friend commented not to long ago when he saw us holding hands. His comment, "Wow, you guys still hold hands and cuddle like that?" Somehow, we will be fine...

6 comments:

Mrs. Hairy Woman said...

Nice that you switched it up for a change.. Good list...That's so sweet that you still hold hands and cuddle..

Tara said...

You definitely needed good things to happen after last week. I love movies and barbecue. I can almost smell the charcoal whenever people talk about cooking out.

Anonymous said...

Good "glass half full" post. Yes, you two are a wonderful couple. Love and big hugs to you both. Have another great week.

Churlita said...

Excellent post. You and your wife are perfect for each and I know you'll help each other through everything you have to deal with. I wish I had someone like that.

laura b. said...

What a great post! It makes me happy when I see my blogging friends feeling good.

Anonymous said...

5. I am happy to hear The Indiana Jones movie is mere weeks away.

4. I have officially filled my tank once in the month of May and no future fill up for another .75 tank.

3. Always good to hang with the family, me too.

2.The Tribe came close last year and my Steelers won it all in 05. Always a great feeling.

1. Me and Renee have just hit 8 months and I cannot see any reason for us to not be together and happy for a long time.