Saturday, May 10, 2008

Too Drunk

Manuel's not a big drinker. He doesn't really like the taste of alcohol. He'll only drink alcohol if he can shoot it, presumably because it's fast and the taste isn't with him as long. Probably once or twice a year, Manuel will get drunk. Tonight was one of those nights. We have a monthly family dinner with my dad's extended family who, because his immediate family are all pieces of crap, we've adopted as our immediate family. The theme was Mexican food, in honor of that white holiday Cinco de Mayo. Naturally, there was tequila. And Manuel had some. Ok, not some - 8 shots. He ate and had some sodas too, but he's feeling pretty damn drunk right now, which is why I'm writing this and not him. It was important to him to keep up the post-a-day-in-May, so I hope you will accept this as today's post, even if it's from me and not him. I'm sure he'll be back tomorrow.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Way to take up the mantle while our regular host is indisposed and inebriated. Hope he had fun celebrating his version of St Patrick's Day.

AlienCG said...

I almost wouldn't have counted it, but you did refer to a person or collective group as a "piece of crap." This makes the post acceptable, thank you.

Churlita said...

I love the guest blog. He's so much smarter than I am. I just blog drunk and then I have a belly full of shame for days after.

Mom said...

I think it would have been hilarious to see what he would have written. Manuel did, however, say 9 shots. I hope he does it again for his party on the 31st. Tequila tasting!!! woo hoo!!!!

Tara said...

Wow, I couldn't even finish one shot of tequila before getting sick to my stomach.

Thank you for carrying the blog torch for Mr. Manuel! :)

laura b. said...

Everyone deserves to get their drink on now and then :-) We like it when you post too, Miss Sassy Pants!