Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Marvel's Upcoming Plans

By now, you have probably read my review of Iron Man and maybe even seen it yourself. I know at least some of you have based on all the other Iron Man reviews I have read in blog world. The movie came out great and made around 200 million worldwide in the first weekend. Naturally, the next step is to talk sequels. Not only did they announce sequel plans, but they planned out their direction for the next few years. Here is what Marvel announced as their plans for the next few years. You will notice that the new Punisher movie coming out this year and the solo Wolverine movie coming out next year are not on the list because they are not Marvel produced movies. Iron Man was the first movie mainly produced by Marvel where they had free reign with the direction of the character. So here ya go, this is what I have to look forward to...

- April 2010 - Iron Man 2




















- June 2010 - Thor




















- May 2011 - Captain America





















- July 2011 - The Avengers





















So, no self financed films in 2009, but once 2010 hits, it is an Avengers extravaganza! I myself, couldn't be more thrilled. This gives me some great films to look forward to and hopefully, these all come to fruition. They are also hoping to do an Ant-Man film somewhere in this schedule, but nothing is set yet. So now, the debate and speculation over who should play these roles begins. There are names being thrown around already, but nothing is set yet. These are exciting times for a comic nerd like me!!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just wish Hollywood would think of something new. They keep rehashing stuff and redoing everything. Some of the characters shown were sort of D listers as far a comic book characters.

MrManuel said...

Evil E - I get it, you hate most movies, but I wouldn't blame Hollywood with this. This is Marvel taking advantage while the coals are hot. Nothing wrong with them trying to do that. As for D-listers; hardly!!

Iron Man - B list before the movie. He has been in plenty of good storylines and has been in the forefront of the Marvel Universe that last couple of years

Captain America - A list, nuff said

Hulk - A list

Thor - B-C list, but always fairly popular

Ant Man - Well, if he does make it along with Wasp, those are C-D list, especially him, but I am sure those won't be the focus. The other four above -dynamite! With those 4 in it, and as long as the script is good, it will be gold.

Churlita said...

I kind of like the god of thunder, but I like D lister comics as well. I'm just a comic book junkie.

Anonymous said...

I'm not a big comic fan but a good movie, well made, is always worth watching. Superman, Batman were good. We might see Iron Man while visiting Henry and Sue.

dmarks said...

The 3 months between Cap and Avengers seems like a mistake.

Evil-E: "Iron Man" is a B or C list hero. That did not stop them from making a great movie.

As for Ant Man, I remember him being mocked at the superhero party on "Saturday Night Live" for "having the strength of an ant! haha". I think he was played by Garrett Morris.