Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Foothill High Represent!!!

A pretty exciting time for a former high school classmate of mine. Andrea Jones is a friend from high school who I had almost all my classes with. She's been a great singer since I have known her and she even sang at our wedding. Her singing career is really starting to take off. She had her own show at a local restaurant/nightclub here in town last month. Last night, she appeared on the Jay Leno show as a backup singer for Josh Groban. Tomorrow, she is appearing on the Ellen show. She has a Masters in social work and has a fully functional backup plan, but it is awesome to see that she is getting the breaks she totally deserves. We couldn't be more proud of her! Here is the video from last night...

9 comments:

Miss Sassy Pants said...

I'm really proud of 'Drea too! When she's rich and famous, I can say I knew her back when...

Churlita said...

That's so cool. One of my college roommates is in a Bay Area band called Red Meat. She wrote a song for the Monster's Ball soundtrack that they played when Halle Barry went up to accept her academy award. I love it when good people finally catch a break.

Anonymous said...

I don't know anyone famous. Congrats to your old high school class mate.

dmarks said...

Way cool!

AlienCG said...

That's pretty cool. Start getting autographs and stuff from her now so you can say you knew her before she became famous.

Mrs. Hairy Woman said...

it's nice that she is finally getting her chance to shine.. good for her for having a back-up plan too..

Anonymous said...

I remember her. She has talent. Good for her!

Mom said...

Drea and Buddy are such great singers. I'm so happy for her. Can't wait to see her on Ellen today. And to think - Idol told her no!

Anonymous said...

It was so cool to her on the Leno show! She got a pretty good close up too. I'm so happy for her that this is happening!

Cassie