Sunday, May 11, 2008

Post #700

Alright, another hundred posts down the drain. I was starting to fade there, but I feel like I have my mojo back. I had a great weekend and it didn't come soon enough. After a very stressful and emotional week, I was ready to let loose this weekend.

It started off by seeing Iron Man again Saturday morning with my parents and Jessica's parents. They both wanted to see it and since it was so good the first time, Jess and I didn't mind seeing it again. Thankfully, all loved it and couldn't stop talking about it later. That always makes you feel good when you recommend something, anything, and people agree with you. I am convinced that when this movie comes out on Bluray, I am going to need a bigger subwoofer. I kid honey, I kid.....

Saturday night was the aformentioned Cinco de Mayo party. Perhaps because I was looking to drown my sorrows in alcohol after the past week, perhaps it was because I was just looking to let loose and have fun, but I decided to do shots of tequila last night. Jessica mentioned that it was 8 shots, but in fact, it was 9. I like to count my shots. Anyways, I had a good time as I am always a happy, laughing drunk. Thankfully, this morning there was no hangover. Not even a slight headache. Thank goodness...

Probably not typical of most people after a night of drinking, I woke up a little before 6 this morning to watch a soccer game. Well, it just wasn't any soccer game. It was the final game of the English Premier League season. Manchester was tied for first place with rival Chelsea. However, due to a superior goal differential, all Manchester had to do was match whatever Chelsea was doing as they were playing at the exact same time. But, as long as Manchester won, there was nothing Chelsea could do except to literally win their match by about 20 goals. Thankfully, it went the way I wanted and Manchester United were crowned champions of the league. Now just one game remains in their season - May 21st in Moscow to determine the best team in all of Europe, the Champions league final against funnily enough, Chelsea again. I can't wait. But first, some pictures from today...





Finally, this afternoon, we had a mother's day barbecue at our house for Mother's Day. Everything turned out great including the shrimp which I barbecued for the first time ever. So overall, this weekend was a complete 180 from what the week was. I needed it. Now back to the grind of the work week. Have a good week everyone...

9 comments:

Jose said...

Music to my ears my friend. So glad you did a 180. Mi chica and I took our grandson the one that thinks "Cars" is the greatest movie ever made to see "Speed Racer" I confess I grew up watching the series since I was a little kid in Mexico. The movie is nothing great but at the same time it didn't dissapoint us, my wife loved it and so did I but when your little grandson is sitting beween us cheering and clapping for Speed to win the race it was priceless. I don't own a blue ray yet as I still have an old 62" rear projection TV but I think it will be a must have DVD.

dmarks said...

"Iron Man" is the only movie in ages that we have considered seeing again at the theatre, but haven't yet.

Anonymous said...

What I found works for me is to not count drinks, beers, shots, etc...I actually never seem to get as drunk as when I count consumption, but that's just me.

Waking to watch soccer after a night of drinking might be fairly typical in England...

Glad the weekend went well after the end of last week. Sometimes cutting loose is the best medicine.

AlienCG said...

Congratulations on post 700. I have only awakened early to watch the last hour of the 24-hours at Monaco GP, but I was waking up anyway.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your 700th post!
We saw Iron Man with Henry and Sue. Everybody liked it and we will most likely buy it when it is available on DVD.
I'm so glad you had a nice, fun relaxing weekend. Onward and upward darling. Hugs.

PurpleOceanMoon said...

Sounds like a fun weekend. :0)

Churlita said...

Congrat on 700. You sure are dedicated.

Mom said...

I'm glad the weekend was a good one for you. How could it not be - most of it was with your mother!!! Seriosuly, the movie was fantastic. It's good to hear Jose's view on Speed Racer because it didn't do so great at the box office. Iron Man is definitely a BluRay movie and we not only need a bigger subwoofer, but we need a bigger tv for this one! Thanks to both you and Jessica again for a lovely dinner. Everything was delicious.

laura b. said...

Nice to see you feeling ^^^up^^^
Congratulations on reaching 700 posts and also on Manchester U's win! Rah!
Dude, the drinking gods must love you if you drank nine shots with no hangover. Congrats on THAT too!