Monday, July 16, 2007

The 5 Things that pissed me off last week #12

I haven't done this topic for about a month now. It's not that I haven't been pissed off, I just didn't have FIVE things that pissed me off to write about. I did not have that problem last week.

#5 - Got a little unlucky in poker the other niht. I was close to winning, but took a horrendous river card that ended my night. SO CLOSE! Despite this, I am on a mini roll right now and seem to have some of my poker mojo back. My last three tournaments I got first out of 9 people, third out of 13 people, and second out of seven people; making money in all those instances. Let's hope I can keep it up this weekend.

#4 - This will be the first of 3 complaints about a trip I took on Saturday. Saturday, my family(Mom, Dad, Sis, Wife, and I) took a trip to San Francisco for an anniversary party. While we were driving there, some idiot on a motorcycle was being stupid and trying all kinds of tricks - standing up, putting feet in handles, kicking both legs to one side, etc. It is those kinds of things that causes accidents idiot! The only saving grace? While he was doing on of the stunts, we saw that his cell phone fell out of his pocket and he never noticed. Guess you won't be getting a call on that phone anytime soon jackass!

#3 - On the way home, San Francisco traffic was fairly slow in a merging section and I had to get over because I ended up in an offramp lane only. People weren't letting me in right away as expected, but I just waited. From behind some asshole starts honking his horn loudly for me to moive out of his way so he could get off. And he just kept that hand on the horn the whole time. Screw you dude, if people would let me over, we wouldn't have this problem now would we?!?

#2 - The drive to San Francisco is about an hour and a half drive. On Saturday, the trip there took 3 and a half hours. I wanted to test the gas milage of the new car, but alas, that went out the window. I hate traffic. Some of the worst I had ever been in.

#1 - I have 15 clients that I work for, and for the most part, they are all pretty good. Well, except for one of them. She is such a space cadet and just really has no idea what is going on. She is losing a lot of money because she does not give me the proper information I need to bill. I tell her this constantly, and she always seems to forget to give me what I need so she can actually make some money. She is starting to freak out about it, but she says it is "partially" her fault that the money flow isn't as good. NO, it is ALL your fault lady. I am meeting with her on Wednesday and I am going to tell her, "Look, I have 15 clients and 14 get paid on a regular basis. What does that tell you?" After this money months of dealing with her, she needs to ope her ees up to what is going on. In the end, she needs me more that I need her.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I heard about your traffic woes on Saturday and that you got there late due to traffic. So sorry to hear that.
As for the idiot doing tricks on his bike, we had a similar incident coming back from Monterey a couple of years ago. An idiot in a small green truck was zooming in and out of lanes speeding like a fool. It was scary with great grandma Georgina and Seth in the car. A couple of miles up the road, we saw him cracked up on the side of the road. I know I shouldn't laugh but... Instant Karma Baby...(:-)

Tara said...

I hate hearing someone lay on a horn in traffic. That's not going to make anyone move faster or magically create a way through traffic. It just increases road rage and stress. I try to limit my horn-honking. In fact, I'm not even sure it still works.

Mrs. Hairy Woman said...

I don't have much to complain about now.. The only thing that sort of pissed me off was something someone said to me and I got over it pretty quickly...

We have loads of traffic for our street.. and lots of kids out playing a lot of times.. 95% of the cars do not stop at the stop sign.. Of course some of us shout out and other times we just shake our heads.. it's scary about the way people drive and I still don't myself.. I think I woud be terrified to drive on any street...

Anonymous said...

I have nothing to say about California traffic....I can only commiserate because traffic around Cleveland has been all orange barrels, limited lanes, and a whole lot of sitting still when I am coming home....

Clients are birdbrains....I feel your pain. Do you get the old, "that's why I hired you" routine?

Mom said...

That was funny about the guy on the motorcyle losing his phone. That was definitely Karma. Your one client sounds stupid but what is it you want her to do. I didn't quite get what you said.

Miss Sassy Pants said...

The traffic on the SF trip this past weekend was, without a doubt, the worst traffic I've ever been in. It was AWFUL. But all 5 of us were pretty comfy in the new car, weren't we?!

The guy on the motorcycle... I'll never forget it - we saw something fall out of his pocket, we all said something about it, we drove by and saw it was his cell phone and we all cheered! That was classic!

Mom, what don't you get about Manuel's stupid client? She needs to give him A, B and C for him to do his work completely so she can get her money. She only gives him, say, B. He calls her and tells her he needs A and C. And this happens EVERY MONTH. I tell him he should get rid of her. The money she gives him is NOT worth the frustration she causes him.

Jose said...

When we went on our first cruise about three years ago we were going down the Harbo Fwy in L.A on our way to San Pedro and three of these crotch rocket riders were in front of us doing all sorts of stunts. I just told my brothr in law to slow donw and stay alert just in case one of them took a spill. They are very stupid but entertaining at the same time.

On another occasion coming back from the beach we got stuck in traffic on a left turn. The guy in the car in front of me started honking because the one in front of him let someone in, what the guy in front of me didn't know was that the one in front of him wasn't taking his crap and got off his car and was ready to kick his ass, I bet you that guy never honked to someone again. It was too funny. Any way your post reminded me of those two instances.

MrManuel said...

Nani - Karma is wonderful sometimes!

Tara - Yeah, I RARELY use the horn.

Babybull - I hate when people speed down residential streets.

Evil E - Yes, all the time!

Mom - HUH? Read Jessica's post.

Mrs - Thanks for clearing that up.

Jose - I am sure we all have stories like this unfortunately!