Sunday, July 22, 2007

Day 40

A funny thing happened on the way to the gym.

It took a loss, but I finally got it. I got what I have been searching for from a lot of people for 28 years. I got that look from the other guys on my team and from the opponents we played this very night. It's been a struggle. Physically for sure, but mentally it's been a roadblock. I can move past it and onto another step in my progression as a basketball player. I got respect. I am no longer an add-on. at the end of the day everyone knows that I am not a role player. I can do thing on the court that demands attention. I can finally make my teammates better and myself better. I can grow into a better person because of this. To answer something from the past couple of days to my faithful readers out there. Basketball is the only thing I have ever really loved for longer than a month. It's always been honest. It will always be there for me no matter what. It is alone that I am finding the true essence of the game. It is with my team that I find the true essence of myself and what kind of character my friends have with them. I am disappointed that I missed some shots tonight. I do not like that in the closing minutes I was physically unable to make up for the mental mistakes I made. I think I know how to approach them though. I think this will not stick with me for more than a day. Cause I can prepare for August 12th. The season starts all over again. I can make myself better. I can make my team better. In the end I can tell them all that I can deliver in the clutch and we can rise back to the top of our tiny world of basketball.

Thanks to Doug for giving me the trust I always strive for.
Thanks to my brother for giving me the blueprint. You introduced me to it and I am forever grateful.
Thanks to the rest of my teammates. In the end this is all suppose to be fun and no matter how much we bitch, once we hit the parking lot it's all love and we can honestly say to ourselves that today was still a good day.

Rabble Rock!

Oh next week Jess. The end of the month is my 29th year on the planet. What do I want? Earrings or shoes. I am such a girl. :) JK

2 comments:

MrManuel said...

Glad you got that respect you have been looking for. Sorry we didn't make it out there to watch. I was so exhausted by that time yesterday, I didn't feel up to do anything. Next season is so close. Same day the EPL starts up again. Woo!

Miss Sassy Pants said...

So the 31st?

How friggin' funny was that - "I am such a girl." Thanks for the laugh!