Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Day 38

Facade
by
Wes Slater

Contrary to popular belief this is not the start of a revolution
Indeed it portrays itself as such cause of it's content
Do not confuse the stylings of an artist with the ramblings of a blogger
Cause when you look in between the cracks you will see
The remnants of a man and the boy he wanted to be
Fight Club has begun and welcome to Tyler Durden's house
Oh wait that dude was one in the same guess I got his kind of identity problems
This race began a couple months back
In the end it will finish with an anti-climactic peak
Majestic robes and a king with no crown
Lion Hearted is what I was named but no one saw how i'm departed
Celebrations abound and new lives are on the way
Just being a witness what more can I say
I can't get out from under this 6-foot grave
Too bad I'm the one digging it and filling it thus making me a slave
You may ask yourself didn't I see this in a museum somewhere before
Naw this is new and authentic and soo soo much more
She defined my being and I had no choice but to take it
Can you see what's it's like to be under a mask and always naked
I created the road and now you can cruise along behind me
Just remember to pay the toll and always treat fragile items kindly

1 comment:

MrManuel said...

That's really good man. You are getting really good.