Friday, July 27, 2007

Frightful Dilemma Friday #7 and some move reviews

First your question:

Would you rather shove your whole head into an elephant's butt

or

Lick a corpse clean after an autopsy?

Yeah, those are gross.

We have seen 5 movies in the last couple of weeks that I keep forgetting to review. Here ya go...


Night at the Museum - You know, I had heard so many good things about this movie I almost bought it on a blind buy without seeing it. Glad I didn't. It was a decent, cute movie. I don't know. I guess I just expected more out of it. It has nothing to do with being a kids movie because I like many examples of those kinds of films. This didn't really have any standout moments for me though. Worth one view and if you are a kid, you will probably enjoy it even more, 6.0 out of 10.

FUCK - Yes, there is a movie called fuck. Actually, it was a documentary about the use of the word in films, the censorship of it, etc. etc. This was actually quite good. It had some great interviews with actors and it was really quite entertaining. Definitely not a movie a young person should watch by any means, but it was good. 6.5 out of 10.

Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix - Great movie, but then again, I am a huge Harry Potter fan. This is an interesting story because it is kind of a middle area in the whole Harry Potter storyline. I love how the tone of these movies just gets darker and darker with each one. I'm just glad that they did well with the wizard battle at the end; my favorite part of the series that I have read so far. 9 out of 10.

Dead Silence - This a horror movie made by the people who made the original Saw. Pretty cliche type of movie with the cheap scares and "twist" ending, but it was still fairly entertaining. It revolves sort of around a ventriloquist doll so if you are scared of dolls, you might want to skip this one. 6 out of 10.

Black X-Mas - This is a remake of the 70s horror film. This is your basic, sorority girls in a house being hunted down by a killer movie. I usually like these movies as bad and as recycled as they may be. This one stuck out as being particularly bad. The acting was atrocious and I didn't really care if any of the characters died. There were a few coold death scenes, but overall, this was bad, even for cheesy horror standards. 4.5 out of 10.

Have a good weekend everyone.

11 comments:

Mom said...

Those are both really gross. If I had my choice, however, I think I would go for the elephant's butt. I'm just not into licking people, especially dead people. I'm sure they're clean, but I just don't think I could get past that! Reviews were good. Definitely wouldn't see the doll one! Have a good weekend and be safe tomorrow! Don't shoot your eye out!!!

Anonymous said...

I would go for the corpse thing I think....something about elephant poop, egh....

Fuck is about the only I was interested in seeing. I like studies on language anyway.

No Ben Stiller for me....

Jose said...

If I had to choose I would definitely chose...

Night at the museum, I am not a Stiller fan but I won this movie on a scavanger hunt from a fellow blogger and it came in on Wednesday, I was surprised because I enjoyed it and I did't even mind Stiller.

Harry Potter, I'm a fan. I read all the books and buy all the movies too, I like it more now that they are older.

Miss Sassy Pants said...

I'd stick my head up an elephant's butt. You could plug up all your holes so no poo got inside. Licking a corpse clean after an autopsy might be one of the grossest things I've ever heard. There's LOTS of bodily fluids involved in an autopsy and that's gross enough, let alone a dead stranger's bodily fludis - no thank you!

laura b. said...

You have a twisted mind, MrManuel. Yay! I have to say that is the toughest choice ever. I am forced to chose the corpse though...there is just something especially horrifying about imagining my head up in an elephant's butt...
I haven't seen any of those movies! Thanks for the reviews :-)

Unknown said...

Wow, tough choice here ... I'd have to go with sticking my head in an elephant butt. I can't believe i just said that.

I just saw Dead Silence last night. I agree with what you said. It scared me, but only because I scare easily. I'm the dork in the theater that screams when someone jumps out from behind a door in a totally-saw-that-coming scene. But it did have some good twists in it. I'll have to keep an eye out for your movie reviews.

Sharon said...

It's a given both of these choices are really disgusting but if I had to choose I think I would go for the elephant's butt. Licking a corpse clean would take forever that's assuming I could stick my peanut head up the elephant's butt & pull it right out????

Thanks I think I'm going to add Dead Silence to my queue.

Mrs. Hairy Woman said...

well to the first question.. I would have to say neither.. they are both too gross to even contemplate

Tara said...

I don't remember there being any great acting in the original Black Christmas, but it was still moderately creepy. A show I watched before I saw that movie kind of gave away the ending, though. >:(

On the plane ride to and back from Canada, I saw "Blades of Glory" starring Will Ferrell and Jon Heder (Napoleon Dynamite). It was okay, I'm glad it was free, though. Oh and I also rented "Ghost Rider" this past weekend. I loved the effects of that one.

MrManuel said...

Mom - I didn't shoot my eye out thankfully

evil e - Ben Stiller is annoying, but I do like a handful of his movies nonetheless

Jose - Cheater! Again!!

Jess - Good explanation as to why...

LB - Twsited? Me? Yeah, probably...

Broken - HA! At least you played along, despite the grossness.

Sharon - I think any head can go in an elephant's butt.

babybull - Cheater!

Tara - Well, I guess that is the only way I WOULD see Blades of Glory..if I was on a plane and there was nothing else.

Anonymous said...

Elephants don't eat meat, right? So how disgusting could their shit be? It can't be much worse than cow pies...so I'll pick the elephants butt. It's not like my head wasn't in a tight spot like this before, it's a lot like being born (I guess). Sorry, no comparison intended between a woman's birth canal and an elephant's butt-just a similar effect implied.