Saturday, July 14, 2007

Day 49 and 48

This is my note to myself for this upcoming Sunday. This is what will happen to you on this day cause you will make it happen. Failing to prepare is preparing to fail and this week you did prepare. All that is left is to focus your mind on what is at hand and will it. Will it to be as you wish and your note will be a plan of action.

I will wake up when the alarm goes off and not lie back down. I will go visit to goofy dogs at my aunt's house and make sure they are taken care of so that when they arrive back in town all is well in the land of the Filipino Mafia.

At work I will finish my duties promptly and make sure to give each and every person I come in contact with a reason to smile. They will know that even though it is Sunday and we are working, there was that guy in the Iron Mountain uniform who actually made my day better than it would have been had he not been there. Here is to having some pride in your current role and duties as a contributing member of society.

20 points and 5 assists. This is what I expect from the day. It is our last chance to get into the playoffs. We have a shot to defend our back-to-back rec league basketball championships. We do not depend on some of the people we use to cause of a transition within the team. I must show that I have grown as a person and a leader and a player. I must find no fear in taking and missing my first 5 shots, cause the next 5 will go in. It's time to accept a new role and focus on not only making them believe, but on making yourself believe. No outside forces will motivate you. Only from within can the greatest challenge ever be overcome. Follow your namesake and display a heart. Carpe the freaking diem.

Finish this 24 marathon. It's not about the show it's more about who I'm around when I do it. cause I won't remember the show 5 years from now, but I will know the 2 men I spent that time with and I will grow the welcome it as a fond memory.

One last trip through Target. The bug has bitten me and I have the disease again. It's sitting in a packaged box and when I re-organize my room later this week it will be going on display. Al;l because of a movie. I feel eight years-old again. Welcome home Starscream.

2000 calories. Nothing more nothing less. I have a goal.

Rabble Rock! And where oh where has Prince Naseem gone. Greatest boxing entertainer I ever saw.


3 comments:

Mom said...

Hey Rich - I didn't see you today but you definitely made me smile. Good luck on your basketball game.

MrManuel said...

Hope it alll goes according to plan. Starscream huh? I am doing everything I can to not go in the toy section and buy all of them. Be strong willed Manuel.

Miss Sassy Pants said...

Manuel, you don't have to worry about staying stron willed - I'll help you not buy any...

So Rich, I'm eager to hear if you met all of your goals today.