Saturday, July 07, 2007

Day 56 and 55 and 54

It has been asked of me as to the whereabouts of the man I have quoted on occasion in this blog that goes by the name of Wes Slater. This is probably a very pointless writing, but should give some insight as to why I was a college dropout. Cause this is what I was doing with my time back in the day.

Wes Slater is a 21 year-old man who hails from Cool, California. He stands about 5'11" and weighs about 215 pounds. He has light brown eyes and shoulder length dark brown hair. He has a permanent 5 O'clock shadow and bags under his eyes to match. He had no job to speak of. He had no form of higher education to his credit. He did managed to attend Cool High School, but his alumni status is very much in question. In this small town, Wes Slater somehow finds a way to be mixed up in any and everything going on of any significance. He is the watchful eye and the pseudo protector of the town. he very much a Crow/Spiderman thing going on without any of the notable superhuman characteristics. OH! In his downtime he is also a professional wrestler.

Wes Slater got his start in the UWAC amateur circuit. After a trial period he would be evaluated and given the chance to sign with one of the three professional wrestling organizations affiliated with the UWAC. After a month in the minor leagues and a failed attempt to attain the UWAC amateur division World Title, Wes was signed by the OWC. Online Wrestling Coalition. In a matter of months, Wes Slater had become a fixture in the OWC by re-newing a bitter rivalry from his amateur days with a fellow by the name of Curt "The Cat" Olsen. The back and forth rants between these two men were legendary and helped to catapult Wes into the spotlight. Wes Slater, a.k.a. NBK (Natural Born Killer), had two of the biggest moments in the history of the OWC when he was a surprise opponent for the current World Champ at the time, AC, during only the second PPV NBK would participate in during his OWC tenure. NBK won the title from AC that night thanks to his finishing move named "The Coronary"and was given his shot to run with the ball. Within weeks of his first title reign, NBK would make history again as he lost and then regained the World Title all in the same hour long weekly show the OWC put on back in 1998. This would be the end of NBK as his heart and desire faded. He flashed brightly and crashed just as suddenly. NBK lost the belt and was never in the World Title picture again. After a year and a half solid of attempts to regain what he once was, Wes Slater returned to his home in Cool, California and became Wes again. NBK was no more.

Yes, ladies and gentlemen. Wes Slater is a fictional character created by me as a way to participate in a online role-playing game in the world of professional wrestling. He does not exist. He does, however, live on. Through my continued writings I still turn to him as an alter-ego of sorts. I guess sometimes I try to not take credit for something I have thought of or written about and if I play it as another person all together, I can get an unbiased reaction to the material while protecting my fragile male ego. Even if it was a creation of boredom and an inadvertent form of playing Dungeons and Dragons at the age of 19, I still find it to be very useful. This is why my college transcript have the letter W all over it. W stands for Withdraw as in did not finish the course. I was too busy coming up with new short stories to tell about Wes Slater and his dealings in the OWC and Cool, California. I was too busy coming up with catchphrases. My best one? "Less Than." As in when an opponent insults Wes Slater he could give "Less Than a F**K" about what he just said. And in turn the entire audience would scream it slowly and loudly with me cause I would draw it out deliberately and let the two words crawl out of my mouth loudly. Think maybe I got way too into this character back in the day?

There it is. More explanations as to why I am the way I am. Let's see the UFC this weekend was a so-so affair Jess. Hyped up matches, but they didn't really deliver anything too exciting. Oh and I am now up to 3 viewings of Transformers the movie. I might have to get number four in this week with a friend of mine who hasn't seen it yet. OH I was checking out ebay cause of my renewed Transformers addiction. Just read this listing. Sounds like a hell of a story. I wish I had a million dollars.


http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=013&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&viewitem=&item=230150167114&rd=1&rd=1
Rabble Rock!

4 comments:

MrManuel said...

Dude, that collection is awesome. Wanna split it?

Miss Sassy Pants said...

YOU are Wes Slater?! That poem with all of the "i"s was amazing. I am thoroughly impressed.

You are a Transformers fool! I would like to see it again but just haven't had the opportunity.

Anonymous said...

Nicely written. I cannot say I have ever become a character like in this case. Big of you to admit it.

Mom said...

I like Wes Slater - Pretty amazing Rich!