Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Transformers Review

I saw Transformers last night at the first possible showing. There wasn't really any doubt by anyone that knows me that this would happen anyway. As a boy who loved Transformers as a kid, the fact that a live action film of the Transformers was finally being put on screen was quite monumental. So how was it? This movie kicked major ass! I loved it. It had great action, great humor, and fantastic special effects. There were a few silly parts, but I was able to look past them because of how great the movie was. They really got the personalities of the old Transformers down solid and that was really impressive in its self. Seriously, I don't think I could have expected anything else. Bravo Michael Bay. When it was announced that you were making this film, some people rolled their eyes, but you and Speilberg did it right. I am a happy boy.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can you say "I'm a lucky boy"?
Smiles

Sharon said...

So now that you've seen "The Transformers" what's next on your list?

Anonymous said...

I think I'll see The Simpsons movie before I go to the Transformers.

(Gotta show a former Oregonian some love.)

PurpleOceanMoon said...

Oh Thank God!!!! I can't wait. I'm going to try and see it tomorrow. Wish me luck!!

Jose said...

I don't go to the movies much but I really want to watch the new Die Hard movie, then my daughter and I have a date for Harry Potter and now thanks to your review I'll probably make some room for this one too.

Anonymous said...

I will have to check it out, I have heard a couple of good reviews now. Real people reviews, not Hollywood BS.

Mom said...

I loved it and I'm glad I got to see it with you. I wouldn't have wanted it any other way, this from a mom who used to spend all her time at Toys 'r Us going through boxes and boxes looking for the new toys that just came out. I thought it was great that almost everyone there was about your age and could totally relate to the old cartoons. Next is Die Hard!

Miss Sassy Pants said...

I REALLY REALLY REALLY liked it. I probably would have appreciated it more if I was a boy growing up in the 80s playing with Transofrmers, but alas, I am a girl and played with My Little Ponies instead. But being with you as long as I have been, being forced to watch the Transformers cartoon movie, I've picked up a little of what The Transformers are all about, which helped. I do think, however, someone who has never even heard of The Transformers would like the movie - good action, good humor, good story, good characters, good special effects, good time.

mrvideoguy said...

All I have to say about this movie is I did follow through and catch the midnight show. The movie was just as good the second time around.

Anonymous said...

We just got back from seeing this Terrific movie! It was great fun and I can't wait until it is available on DVD. Seth sat next to me and was also a very "happy boy".

MrManuel said...

Nani - I'm a yucky boy!

Sharon - Hmm...probably Potter I think.

Val - Simpsons will rock!

POM - Hope yu saw it.

Jose - You should make room for it. It rocks!

Evil e - EXACTLY!!!

Mom - Yeah, go see Die Hard!

Mrs - I am so happy that you liked it.

Mrvideoguy - I am ready to go back!

Nani - That's awesome!!