Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Top Five Tuesday #14

Movie season is almost over...boo!! Well, there are a couple more big name releases coming still, but I don't see myself going to see any of them, except maybe the new Halloween(but not when it comes out as that is my sister's wedding weekend).

A few months ago, I listed my top 5 movies I was looking forward to seeing in the theaters this summer. My top 5 were:

5 - Spiderman 3
4 - Pirates 3
3 - Die Hard 4
2 - Harry Potter 5
1 - Transformers.

So, not that the season is almost over, what ended up my favorite movies of the summer?

#5 - The Simpsons - I have yet to review it and I will in the next couple of days. As a long time Simpsons fan, it was cool to see these guys on the big screen. Had some very funny parts!

#4 - Ocean's 13 - I am so happy that this movie ended up good. I loved Ocean's 11, but was disappointed with 12. This movie brought back all the coolness and was quite a pleasant surprise.

#3 - Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix - Awesome. The wizard battle at the end was everything I had hoped it would be when I read the book. Can't wait for the last 2 movies now.

#2 - Live Free or Die Hard - This movie blew me away. I was excited because it was another Die Hard, but I was amazed at just how good the movie turned out to be. It may now be my favorite Die Hard. Crazy!

#1 - Transformers. Ok, this was my number one movie I was looking forward to, and it definitely lived up to all the hype. This was amazing and worth the wait. I've reviewed it already, but just know, this was movie making at its best!

So, what did you like from this summer?

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

We loved Die Hard and Transformers! Loved, loved, loved them. We are really looking forward to Bourne! Love that guy too!

Anonymous said...

I have been uninspired to hit the theaters this summer....the number of huge movies is just too many to see for me. I just decided to wait for all of them. Cheaper anyway.

Mom said...

I absolutely loved Transformers!!! I loved Harry Potter as well. I haven't seen Die Hard yet but not because I didn't want to, just no time. I guess now I'll probably just wait until DVD. The Simpson's I'll wait as well.

Mom said...

By the way - Your tag line just caught my eye - I miss the O.C. too!

Tara said...

The only movie from your list there that I went to see is "Spiderman 3". I liked most of it, especially the Venom character. My friends are shocked that I haven't seen "Pirates of the Caribbean 3" yet. I just haven't been in the mood for it.

PurpleOceanMoon said...

5. Pirates
4.Spiderman
3.Shrek the 3rd.
2.300 Awesome! Can't loose with leather undies!
1.Transformers (of course!)

I havn't been able to see Harry Potter. Sigh......But I'm sure I'll love it.

MrManuel said...

Nani - I like Bourne, but he is more rental for me.

Evil E - Yeah, tickets are expensive.

Mom - Party pooper. You need to see Die Hard on the big screen.

Tara - You can wait for video for it.

POM - I didn't have 300 because that came out in March, way before my Summer movie season.