Sunday, July 01, 2007

Movie Reviews

Saw 3 more movies over the last week that I need to review...

Children of Men - Movie set in the not so distant future in England where women have lost their ability to get pregnant. In fact, the last human birth was 18 years prior, I believe. Well, as you can imagine, a situation like this leads to human downfall, revolutions over who is repsonsible, etc. I really don't want to say too much more as it might give information away, but it was an enjoyable movie. I had heard so many good things about it that I expected it to be a little better, but it was still good. I really loved the colors and tones the director chose in making this movie. Visually, it was awesome. It had one very powerful scene at the end! If you have seen it, and I will try not to spoil anything, I am talking about the scene where soldiers are lined up and staring at a few people walking. Awesome scene. 6.5 out of 10.










An Inconvenient Truth - This is the Al Gore Acacdemy Award winning documentary on global warming. This movie was a real eye opener. They explain everything really well so that all can understand and you find yourself glued to fact after fact. Really makes you want to initiate change. 7.5 out of 10












Live Free or Die Hard - HELL YEAH!!!! Ok, so I have been excited about this movie for a long time, but was a little hesitant because of the watered down PG-13 rating. This rating does not affect the movie at all. In fact, I was surprised how much they got out of the PG 13 rating. This was an awesome movie. This may be one the most blasphemous things I have ever said, but this may be the best of the series. Seriously. Great action, great humor, and Bruce Willis was at his all time action best. John McClane is back people! 9.5 out of 10









Tomorrow night - TRANSFORMERS!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

We went to the theater to see Children of Men. We didn't love it and could have waited for the DVD.
We went Saturday to see the new Die Hard and loved it. It is not quite as good as the first one but how could it be? You are right about them getting every drop out of the PG13.
We may be seeing the Transformers movie on July 4th. It looks pretty good.

laura b. said...

I haven't seen any of those, but definitely want to see Children of Men and An Inconvenient Truth.

Sharon said...

Can't wait to see "Live Free or Die Hard" I've heard it has plenty of amazing action scenes.

Anonymous said...

I can honestly say I have zero desire to see any of them except Transformers.