Friday, July 20, 2007

Day 42

Apathy

1. absence or suppression of passion, emotion, or excitement.
2. lack of interest in or concern for things that others find moving or exciting.

That's how I'm feeling right now. That's how I feel often times. I sometimes think it's my cool persona, but I also have to realize this is a character flaw as well. I don't know if it is something I can fix. I can't fix my hairline. My eye sight can only be corrected. Maybe those are bad examples, but you get my gist. I need my new 30-day obsession. That's how long I can stay with something. Guess that speaks on how little I actually love anything in my life. Love has a way of making it all seem worth it good or bad and there tends to be no time limit to the feeling. From my little experience with the emotion that is. I think apathy is my addiction. It happens every time. With my jobs, with school, with people, or with my hobbies.

I found something the other day. My college transcript. WOW!

That was really me? This is where my apathy started. It took me a year, but it settled in and then My mind was just gone. I don't really know why it left or where it went off too, but it's been gone ever since. I put it up in my room now as something to look at. That kinda motivation has never really worked for me, but there is something about having to face it on the daily. Maybe it will crack my mind soon. If my mind comes back. Short tonight. Moving on. Title fight soon.

Rabble Rock!

2 comments:

Miss Sassy Pants said...

Apathy is an ok emotion sometimes, but all the time, not so much... Surely you have to find SOMETHING you care about.

Anonymous said...

There has to be something other than Christina A and Transformers that get you excited! =) Like Jessica said, there has to be something that you care about. Apathy happens to all of us, just hopefully for not too long of a period of time. I think you have to make up your mind not to be apathetic anymore. Maybe you need to give yourself an attitude adjustment. Lord knows I give them to myself weekly!