Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Christina Aguilera



So why did I stop the post something every day project? Cause I discovered I am boring. Yes I am lazy too, but I ain't a beat writer and this ain't my beat. I started just writing things that were only interesting to me and that just would start to suck to read I imagine. That said, I will try to write when it comes to me that I have something that is actually worth reading. Hopefully you all find something worth reading about this.

Of course I am a huge Christina Aguilera fan. This is the extent I went the past couple of days as far as that fanatic behavior goes. I pre-ordered both the Itunes release of the album and a special fan club release of the CD. Why you ask? Cause Itunes would allow me to download the entire double disc CD on Monday night at around 10 pm west coast time. The sooner I could listen to it the better. The other order was to get a hard copy of the music as well to go along with a nice T-shirt and a collector's item that is to be sent to me at a later date. That being a 7 inch vinyl edition of the single "Ain't No Other Man". $90 later and a few listens of the album already down and here is what I can say about it.

Brilliant!

I am blatantly stealing this from Cassie cause she has told me I do this at times with this here blog. Christina's last 2 albums have come across to me as someone releasing there private journals to the world. Her songs are short stories about what has happened to her up till this point in her life. They come across as very relateable and highly entertaining. There are tracks that are uplifting and spiritual. Others that are sexual and fun. Others that are revealing and emotional. If you haven't noticed by now I have a thing for singers. Female singers to be specific. As someone who wants to be an artistic person through my writing I find her works of art to be timeless and inspirational. If I could write something that had as much staying power as any of Christina's songs I would be very grateful. All I can hope for with my writing is for someone, anyone to just GET IT!.

Here are my predictions I made last night after an hour and a half of hearing the 22 tracks on the album.

The Hits......Hurt, Save Me from Myself, Candyman, Oh Mother, Back in the Day

Songs that will never make the radio but beg for a video......Candyman, and Nasty Naughty Boy

This albums' "Beautiful"......... either Oh Mother or Hurt

People this album speaks to...... Any young lady who either has or is about to marry that right man in there life cause a ton of this album covers her recent marriage and boy her husband is written all over this bad boy. If not in name, then by spirit.

Little known fact..... Yes Cassie I did send in my own 30-second voicemail attempt to be one of the fans on her thank you dedication to the fans track on disc one. I said some good stuff too. But I came up short. Sucks to be me.

That's it yall. Now go to sleep and dream of genie's or sheep or something. And leave me alone cause I am tired of being the vessel through which a high being speaks. :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rich!
I absolutely love the new cd!
The songs on the cd speak to me like her last album...I can't wait till I get off work so I can listen to the cd even more.

These are my favorites:
Disc One:
Understand
On Our Way
Here to Stay..." I know that some would say I'm too headstrong, but I'd rather be a woman who voices her mind, whether you think I'm right or wrong and I know some people want to criticize make 'em feel better about themselves, so say what you will time will reveal in the end that I will be here still"

Disc Two:
Candyman and Nasty Naughty Boy are great! I already thought up video ideas for them!
Mercy on Me
Save Me from Myself

Like you said Rich, these songs are totally geared towards that girl who has found the right guy in her life...
Some of these songs definitely describe the kind of troubles Mike and I have had so I'm dedicating some of these songs to him...like the title of the song...he's helped "Save me from Myself"

MrManuel said...

I'll take your word for it on the songs as I don't see myself getting this. Sure, she has an awesome voice, but just not my thing. She looks pretty hot in that cover though. I like when she looks normal and not all freaky...

Anonymous said...

I'm a Christina fan and I can hardly wait to hear the CD while driving in the car with Cassie. Nice to hear from you again Rich. I never thought you were boring!