Thursday, August 31, 2006

Facing my fear....again

Last Saturday was somewhat monumental as I got to meet Lou Ferrigno. As you may have gathered, I was scared of the Incredible Hulk as a kid. Again, that was when I was a kid, but not for a long time. Now I get the opportunity to meet someone who still scares me today. This Sunday there is a comic convention here in town. They have this same convention every three months in the same place and as a kid, I used to go all the time. It has been probably 15 years since I have gone to one of these. Jessica is off Sunday so I figured, let's go. Then I saw the guest list. Who will be there?

None other than Tony Todd. The only guy who gives me chills just looking at him. Why? Well, Tony Todd in case you don't know is the lead character in the Candyman movies. Candyman, in case you don't know, is much like the Bloody Mary stories - say his name five times in the mirror and he will appear to kill you. It scared the crap out of me like no other movie ever did. Why? I don't know. I have always been scared of mirrors in one way or another so this was the ultimate scare ride. After this movie, I was afraid to look at a mirror because I might accidently THINK his name. That is how scared I was of him and STILL am today. He has a fairly big role in THE ROCK, one of my favorites, and he even scares me to look at him in that movie simply because of Candyman. In fact, I'm getting chills now. So, this Sunday, I can meet him and get his autograph. Will that make things worse or better? I don't know. Wish me luck....

6 comments:

Miss Sassy Pants said...

I LOVE to piss you off by saying his name over and over.

Candyman.

Candyman.

Candyman.

Candyman.

One more... Do I dare?

Crazy Bitch said...

LOL!

Whoa, that guy really got to you, eh?

Hey, I hear ya on the Bloody Mary thing! I have never liked mirrors, either. And I have read too many ghost stories about people seeing ghosts in the mirrors right. . behind. . them. . .

Anonymous said...

Mirrors are scary at night. Did you know that grandma woke up one night and saw an old woman in the mirror. She was in her thirties at the time but the woman was ancient and it was HER! Freaky.
Hope you don't cry when you see Candyman.

Anonymous said...

I remember when I was little Katie and I going into a dark bathroom and saying Bloody Mary....it still freaks me out till this day....well I'm afraid of the dark ...I even yell at mom if she turns off the hallway light while I'm still walking to my room....I hate the dark....

Anonymous said...

I never knew you were so afraid of him. Is this the same movie you saw at Jaime's one night and were afraid to walk home (next door and just across the grass). I don't think you should see him. I think he is the devil. The Hulk was different. I never look in the mirror at night in the dark. It's just way to scary what might happen. Son, don't go!!!

MrManuel said...

POM - Never heard about souls getting trapped. THANKS!!!

Wife - ASS

CB - Yes, he got to me bad!

Nani - Yeah, she did tell me that scary story!

Cass - You're crazy for doing that, and yes, I'm afraid of the dark too!

Mom - Nope, that was a different movie. I actually saw Candyman when I was even older....