Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Why J.K. Rowling should kill Harry Potter.

Too many tequila shots. That's my excuse Mannie fresh. The late night post is more difficult when you are just too damn tired to get it done. So the streak is broken and I am ashamed of myself. I fall at the feet of the court at your mercy. On a side note, BOO Cassie. Name names! hehehe just kidding. At least your taste in men improved as you got older cause all of Manuel's friends are horrifically ugly. Except for me. And I won't name names either. They aren't in the reading audience anyways so screw em.

On with the show. I saw some snipets and read a lil bit about a lil bit on a news conference J.K. Rowling held about a week ago. One of the major talking points.... TWO characters from the very famous Harry Potter books will die in a future edition of the series. ALMOST immediately, the uprising for "Don't kill Harry Potter" movement began. I bet you that within 24 hours of this press conference someone out there started a website devoted to starting a petition to send to Miss J.K. to save Mr. Potter. I, myself, have only ever seen the movie adaptations of this story. I am not too attached to the characters or the story. If Miss Rowling decides to kill anyone besides Harry I am sure the rest of the outraged audience will be satisfied with that. I am here to tell you that Harry Potter must die. Here is why....

This is J.K. Rowling's story. It is her idea and her property, so to speak. I say do as you wish. Being an upstart writer myself, I would like to think that the bottom line should always be write what you want and not what others want you to write about. I am in now way advocating killing Mr. Potter just for the sake of doing something other than what most would think would happen. Don't do it for shock and awe. Do it cause it makes sense in the story and because it's something you planned. Do it cause you can magically bring him back to life in the next book/movie. Do it to make a point. THIS is my book people. That was J.K. speaking there, of course. Really, does the mortality of a fictional character actually matter that much to people? I ask this question realizing that it mattered enough to me to write this one post, but I can get away with being a hypocrite cause I'm so damn smooth. And cool by the way. The next time you will hear me speak about this is when I see the movie where Harry Potter dies. I will stand in the theatre and cheer cause J.K. did it her WAY.

Least, that's what I will believe. Maybe she is already setting me up. Maybe killing Harry Potter will turn into what is expected of her and my whole post will be turned on it's head. But, I doubt Miss Rowling is listening to the maniac psycho spill his guts on a regional blog website. So, kill Harry Potter. Cause you can and it's YOUR FREAKING story.

Time to drive to Folsom and get water. Another shout out for Cassie cause this is the only place I talk to ya. MTV.com has a section called "The Leak". They leak full albums for the listening public to enjoy before it's released for purchasing. I say this to you cause our girl Christina has her double album on the leak, so you can listen to the whole album NOW!. I will be doing this later today. Then everyone can look forward to my CD review and my review of the latest edition of John Madden football will be on here for all of you to.........Oh ya this stuff only matters to me. Might have to keep that to myself. Peanut Butter Jelly time folks. Rabble Rock!

9 comments:

MrManuel said...

I'm sure that whatever she decides to do, it will be on her terms. I mean, she kiled Dumbledore and people hated that. Another reason that killing Harry would be a good thing though is that years down the line when she is old or dead, we don't get some hack writer thinking it is ok to write the further adventures of Harry Potter. It wasn't YOUR story so leave it alone. We'll see. Either way, I can't wait for the book...

Anonymous said...

I don't care one way or the other. Harry can live or die. Whatever she chooses. He isn't real.

Anonymous said...

She Killed Dumbledore!!! I didn't read those books yet. Thanks, Dude!

MrManuel said...

I thought everyone knew about him dying. It was big news when the book came out that you didn't need to read the book to hear. Oops...sorry!

Anonymous said...

Rich you make me laugh!....

OK...I'm a huge fan of the Harry Potter books and movies and I fully support J.K. Rowling if she wants to kill off Harry. All stories can't always end in a good way...make it interesting...yes I was sad when Dumbledore died, but I got over it and I'll get over it if she kills Harry too...it would make the story better.

I'll definitely check out MTV.com Rich...I can't wait for her new CD to come out. So far I love the first single "Aint no other man"

Lastly are you talking about Madden 07'...when does that come out because I was going to buy it for Mike

mrvideoguy said...

Hey Cassie!
August 22, 2006 is the official release date or Maddenoliday for Madden 2007. The regular edition runs 50 bucks and the hall of fame edition is 60 bucks for the PS2 that is.

Anonymous said...

I think she should kill who she wants. I agree with her when she states that she wouldn't want someone else writing "after" stories. It is so funny though that she stated a main character would die and everyone "assumes" it will be Harry. I can't wait!

Anonymous said...

I think Harry ought to end up like Dumbledore; old and wise and in charge. Harry is a legend; he shouldn't die young when he was the only one who surivived Voldemort's attack!

If she'd done writing the books, I hope she ends it with Harry dying as Headmaster at Hogwarts.

Jose said...

Well thanks a lot, I didn't know Dumbledore was killed. What would be the point if of the whole series if Harry is killed? What message will our kids get if Harry is killed so that there are no "after" stories? Where is the lesson between good and evil? Too many have died already for Harry to fulfil his mission in life and I think he will become the ultimate headmaster at Howartz.