Tuesday, August 01, 2006

The explanation

Now that I have teased you here it goes. I am going to attempt to follow through with this whole writing thing on a daily basis. After another year notched onto my age belt I decided that I no longer have room for days off or writer's block. Just the other day I wrote a complete post that I was about to publish. Then I reread the post. It really was a crappy post. And that was the first time I really edited my own work in such a manner. The post was irrelevant and only held any kind of meaning for me, so it got the axe. I expect more of myself and now I am going to put the rest of this in the hands of the reading public.

I will post every single day until my 29th birthday. This isn't an attempt at a journal. More an exploration of myself. An attempt to see if I can expose my mind, body and soul through my writing to the point that it actually makes a difference to more than myself. Poems, short stories, tales from the day, or even just blatant advertising plugs. All I ask is that you share with me as much as you can. Tell me when I just wrote some junk that didn't mean a darn thing to you. Tell others about my posts if they connect with you and you think others might connect with it as well. As much as I write for myself, I would have stopped writing on this blog a long time ago if it weren't for the responses to my writing. So, thank you all ahead of time.

That's all. No big deal, right? Just the ramblings of a bad poker player who is attempting to support his shoe fetish on a daily basis. By the way, I will attempt to keep my shoe mentions to a minimum. It is not that interesting of a topic and I know this. This is post number one. Time to go play video games or something really constructive like that. And also for all you Itunes Ipod folks. Christina Aguilera's new album is now available for pre-order on Itunes. $15.99 for all 22 tracks plus a remix of "Ain't No Other Man." Best believe on August 14th I will be staying up till midnight to download my copy. I just realized something. I do bring up either shoes or Christina Aguilera in every single one of my posts, don't I? I should get out more often.

LET THE PROJECT BEGIN


Ya maybe I am a lil too obsessed. Ya think?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Let the writing begin!!! I am glad you are back!

Anonymous said...

Welcome back. Looking forward to your contributions.

MrManuel said...

A daily post from Rich? Look forward to it man!

Anonymous said...

I know I don't really know you, but good luck!!! It's hard to write everyday. You can't help talk about the things you love. That's what makes you you.

Anonymous said...

Everyday? Whew! God speed, man!

Anonymous said...

Rich,
You better believe that I will be getting her new cd and I already downloaded her new song onto my ipod. You know I'm always willing to talk about Christina or shoes even! I'm developing a shoe fetish myself, but I cant spend I need to save money for the big VEGAS trip next year!