Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Kinda what I figured.

Less than a year into being moved out of my parent's house and I come to the conclusion I always kinda knew. I'd rather live alone. This is not a shot at my two roommates. I got no problem with them at all. In fact, it is nice to have someone around at times to do whatever with like go to a movie or head out to lunch. That said, I know my own quirk very well and here it is. I get so much more done alone with absolutely no one watching or helping. There is just something about having everything a certain way and coming back to it just as you left it. If I leave the dishes in the sink, I know I gotta come back to em later and wash those suckers. Similarly, If I leave my house and the kitchen counter is spotless then the only thing that might make it's way to that counter is dust. Nothing else. I really like that comforting feeling. My own lil corner of the world that I have complete control over. Having my own room is not the same. It has restrictions. I gotta close my door and try and find freedom in a compact area. That is not for me.

Something about this also makes me work harder or more efficiently. I could probably write two posts a day on this blog if I lived alone. Why? I'd have complete access to this computer at any time. I'd come up with an idea and just do it right then. I no longer want to wait my turn or share certain things in my life. I like having only myself to blame. I have no other scapegoats. This may have a sense of me making excuses for my laziness or procrastinatory (think I made up a new word again) tendencies, but it's just about not really breaking away even now. I am convinced this all goes back to not going away to college back in the day. I have just always been surrounded by people. I have never had a chance to miss anyone or truly step out and say to myself, "Well Rich it's all on you now kid." Perhaps I am still finding a way to blame others for my faults. If so, I guess I have some growing to do still. Till then, guess my real mission in life should be moving out on my own.

If any of you happen to swing by a Linen's and Things check out the Whisper Silk collection by Scent Sation. Expense, but those or just great freaking bed sheets. Kinda slippery though, but always instant sleep on those babies. Random plugs rule baby. Rabble Rock!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Living alone has it's perks, but it can get lonely.

Miss Sassy Pants said...

You have silk sheets, Rich? I'm impressed!

Anonymous said...

Live on your own now, while you can. Someday you may have a wife and kids or just kids. Then you will wish you had taken advantage. Trust me!

Anonymous said...

I never had a chance to live on my own and I wish I had. Enjoy your youth and freedom while you have it.