Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Virginia baby!

Damn! Missed my deadline. I write late anyways so that midnight thing screws up my whole write something everyday. This still counts as Monday to me. First, shout out to all the folks giving me the feedback that I so love. Honesty people. I dig it. And just cause I feel like putting her on the spot. So, who where the "Hot friends" of your brother that you speak of there young Cassie? I think I might know a couple of them. :)

On with the show. I miss my cousins! Mainly my whole family out in VA. Mechanicsville to be specific.
I miss Aunt Sarah's. Great breakfast spot.
Chloe and Sasha. Those dogs freaking rule.
I miss the keg-a-rator.
Mostly I miss what's happening right now. My cousin Casey is about to turn 31 and any day now will be delivering a brand new baby. Her first. I flew out for the baby shower (which by the way turned into a big drinking party minus the pregnant lady of course). It was a great time. Makes me wish I knew these people long before these past few years. They lived in NY (Long Island actually) for the most part having only recently migrated to VA. I knew my Dad had a brother, but I didn't get to know any of my real relatives until my Uncle flew his family out this way back in 1994. It's the strangest thing with them. I have been alone with this separate family on two occasions and it's so easy to get close to all these people. I act like a different person around them. In a good way. Guess making up for lost time makes a person cut right to the chase and avoid all the procrastinating garbage. It's nice knowing I got an east coast version of brothers and sisters and a Mom and Dad just all showing me the same love I always got back home. I just wish I was there for more stuff. Here's to hoping I see them all in Vegas sometime soon. Vodka and Red Bull's on me everyone. And here is to wishing baby cousin Dayquan a long, happy life. When he arrives that is. Inside joke. No one actually knows what they are calling this demon seed. I raise my glass of yoohoo to Casey, Craig, Kimberly, Aunt Sharon, and Uncle John. Much love from the west coast. Rabble Rock!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's so nice to have the extended family. Glad you enjoy yours.

MrManuel said...

You should let you family know about the blog. I am sure they would love to see all of the nice things you wrote about them.

Anonymous said...

Family is SO special! I absolutely LOVE mine! You really should tell them about this blog, because it has brought me closer to my family, and they live right here!

Anonymous said...

Rich....thanks for putting me on the spot!
Well when I was in elementary school I thought all you guys were hot! But of course I was young and now you guys are just old to me!
Oh was that mean I'm just kidding!
: )