Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Rock Star Supernova

All Summer, Jessica and I have been watching Rock Star Supernova. In case you don't know what it is, it is like American Idol, but about 1000% better as they are singing rock songs instead of the usual crap they sing on Idol. The contestants are competing to be the lead singer of supergroup Supernova with Tommy Lee, Jason Newsted, and Gilby Clark. It has been a great show and it is now down to the final six with another elimination coming tonight. This is the order I HOPE that the final six get eliminated. I am not saying this is how it WILL happen, but what I want.

6. Storm - She has a great voice. She's hot. I just think that tonight is the end of the road for her. I wish it was Dilana instead actually, but I'm okay with Storm finally going as she has gone about as far as she deserves to go.







5. Dilana - She has been getting on my nerves the last couple of weeks and I don't really think that her perfomances have gotten any better. They have been good, but the same thing every week. I am ready for her to go.








4. Lukas - This is where it gets hard. I think Lukas is awesome, but I don't really care for him outside of his awesome performances.










3. Toby - Pretty much just a sentimental vote as I really like this guy. His performances are fun, he seems like a genuinely good guy, and he works hard. His voice isn't the best out of everyone, but I am going to be sad to see him go when the time comes.






2. and 1. - I hope it comes down to Ryan and Magni as I think they both rock. They both have put on absolutely stunning, memorable performances. They are the only two who have given me chills with some of their songs. They are truly awesome and I really don't care which of the two win. I will only be disappointed for the one who doesn't.



Unfortunately, I somehow see Dilana making it into the final two - maybe even with Lukas. I hope not. I'd be pissed. The group will be coming to Arco and I won't go see them with Lukas or Dilana. Well, maybe Lukas if the album is really kick ass......

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't know why but I can't watch these kinds of shows. They get on my nerves. I've seen a little bit of Idol and I think I caught a little snippet of Rock Star last year but I get bored and a little embarrassed. I don't know why. The dance shows are OK but not a regular thing for me either. Give me CSI and good comedy.

MrManuel said...

Nani - Everyone has their preferences in shows. Me, I can't stand the dance shows. But yes, I would still prefer CSI.

POM - People either love or hate his voice. It's not the best, but he is a good performer.

Anonymous said...

I really like Ryan and Magni too and I don't want to see a girl head the band...I would be so disappointed.

Miss Sassy Pants said...

Yeah, the 4 boys are my favorites. Plus, Toby is SO my boyfriend! And could Ryan look any more like David Blaine?!

Battlerocker said...

Can't say I've seen this show, but I hear you about the Idol show choosing crap songs. May'be I'll have to tune in.

Crazy Bitch said...

I can't watch these kinds of shows cuz they are living out my dream in my face!

Anonymous said...

I told you all last season to watch Rock Star. It was great last season with some really great performers. Different than this year. I'm with you and Dilana. She is good but too full of herself and I don't believe she is right for the band, Storm either. Of course, now I am writing this after the elimination show and I am extremely disappointed that Ryan got eliminated. I think jumping up on the amps did him in. Storm definitely deserves to go next. I think Dilana will stay until the final two but I hope I am wrong. You are right on Jess about David Blaine. I kept trying to place his face and you hit it. I love his eyes and Toby's as well. Lukas is okay but he doesn't sell me. Toby or Magni could definitely front the bad. I believe they have what they are looking for. Can't wait until the final!!!

MrManuel said...

Cass - Yeah, I don't want a woman lead either

Wife - Yup, he sure does!

Battlerocker - It's fun if you like rock

CB - Yeah, but they are fun

Mom - I am PISSED he is gone. PISSED!!