Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Screw you Tiger....

From Bloomberg.com

"Tiger Woods said that no matter how much golf he's playing in 20 years, he won't be a ``soccer dad.''

Woods, a 30-year-old American who won his 11th major golf title at last month's British Open, said he hopes his child will play the U.S. brand of football.

``No, not soccer,'' Woods, the world's top-ranked golfer, told reporters today at Medinah Country Club, site of this week's PGA Championship. ``Hopefully something more physical.''



Ok, I know that soccer isn't as physical as football, but I hate this mentality that some people have that soccer isn't physical. Are you friggin' kidding me!?!?! I would love for those with this opinion to watch a soccer game and see the banging that goes on during the game. And when there are LEGITIMATE injuries(not the rolling on the ground that accompanies this sport too much), they are REALLY bad. Ridiculous....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

He's an idiot - what can I say. I hate when people say things about soccer when they have no clue about the sport.

Anonymous said...

GOLF is like, the LEAST physical sport! What the hell is he talkin?