Monday, August 21, 2006

Job searching sucks....

Well, actually, job searching isn't too bad. I just wish I could find something I like. On Thursday, I posted my resume on places like monster.com and careerbuilder. I have actually got around 10 offers for interviews in that time, but nothing I want. Mostly just jobs in the same kind of work I was already doing - real estate, insurance, financial planner. Nothing that I really see as a future career. I did apply for a cool job at Kaiser, and applied for another job at VSP. I don't even remember what the job at VSP was that applied for as it was entry level, but that is all I would need there - something where I coud learn and work my way up. It's such a good company that I am sure things would work out there. Haven't heard from them yet though. We'll see. I also have some state jobs in mind that I need to now look in to.

I just got jury duty summons which I am ok with as I have always wanted to be on a jury. The bad thing is that it is not until the end of September. I might have a job by then. Not sure what to do. Can I write to them and request sooner? I don't know. If they asked me to be there tomorrow, I would. But not when I am starting a new job.

The floor contractor starts putting in new floors in our house next Monday. Can't wait! Yeah, it is a lot of money, especially now, but the carpet needs to go, we have been wanting do it, etc. etc. I'll be posting pictures...

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

What's VSP?
And I didn't know you guys were getting new floors! Hardwood?
Whatever you choose Bro you'll be good at it because we both have that Valle blood and we work hard and excel at whatever we put our minds to. Love you!

Anonymous said...

Ditto Cassie, The Valle blood is thick and cool!!!

Anonymous said...

Manuel, write to the Jury commisioner and ask for an extension. Explain you are job searching and ask for 3 months. If they call you when you are working for your new company leave it up to them.
VSP is one of the best companies to work for. Vision Service Plan. I hope you can get something there. :-)

Anonymous said...

Actually, big boobs are kind of neat....big boobs are kind of a PAIN.


Mr. Manuel: Hmmm. Look for a job but let the prospective employers know that you might be called to jury duty.

Battlerocker said...

I don't think you can move jury duty times, but considering how many people are required to do it, I think few employers would care too much. I hope not anyway.

Anonymous said...

VSP is company that provides vision care insurance. Right! It's one of the best companys to work for in Sac. (except for IndyMac). I hope they call you.