Saturday, August 26, 2006

State Fair

Manuel and I went to the State Fair today. We did something that was TOTALLY cool (which tell you about later), but the rest of the fair was blah. After the cool thing, we got something to eat because we were hungry. We got pizza, which tasted like cardboard with a thin layer of cheese, and lemonade, which gave me a funny aftertaste in my mouth. Then we walked to the exhibit buildings, looked at all the things they were selling, but they were the same things they had last year, and the year before that, and the year before that, except for this one thing that Manuel really wants but it WAY too expensive (I'll let him tell you about that too.) Then we got something else to eat, which was just ok. After that, we were done.

I think we spent 4 hours at the fair, and to me, it was 3 hours too many. It's just the same things over and over. Nothing new from last year. And usually I go just to eat, but none of the food I got was spectacular - even the soda was just ok. Maybe I wasn't in the fair mood, but I doubt it. I think I'm burned out. But how can I be burned out on something that comes once a year? I don't know, but that's how I feel. I think I'm going to try the State Fair every other year, unless they have something cool next year like they did this year, then I'll go, but maybe only for that.

The only cool thing was getting to meet Mr. Lou Ferrigno. As family knows, this is a big thing considering how scared Manuel used to be of the Incredible Hulk. It was fun getting to meet him, get an autograph, and take pictures. Here is the photo evidence of Manuel facing his fear:

































Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting



Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

The pictures with Lou are wonderful. I'm glad to see my son has finally faced his fears and took pictures with the "Hulk". The family knows how important this is but to you outsiders, I'll let my son tell the story. It was a little on the child abuse side, I'm afraid to admit now, but it really wasn't meant to be. It was something that worked so we kept it up. I think he is a pretty okay kid now so at least it didn't leave any permanent damage, or did it?
Jess, I thought the fair was kind of blah as well but it is a family tradition and I just have to go. We see the same old thing every year. I'm just glad we went on a day that wasn't too crowded. If you go midweek in the evening it is nice too and then you don't feel so bad. Food is way to expense and not that good - I try to stick to just the Hot Dog On a Stick - only the original brand too. Everything is way overpriced!

Anonymous said...

We haven't gone to the fair in years. We used to go when the kids were young but I am kind of bored with it.
I'm glad to see Manuel with Lou but are his eyes rolling back in his head? Did he feel sleepy afterward?
Sorry sweetie. We love you.

Anonymous said...

Wow! He's standing RIGHT NEXT to the Hulk, and he didn't run away!! Good for you, Man!

Nana- it wasn't child abuse..it was funny, and it worked! Remember how hard you and mom had to work to get Manuel to sleep? You were desperate, and he was CRAZY! It was just too easy to just let him look at the Sears catalog, which he loved to do, until he saw the Hulk, and then peacefully go to sleep! (Although now he doesn't like to eat green things)

What a wonderful, unexpected thing to have happened! Did you and Man tell Lou about how Man used to go to sleep or runaway whenever he saw the Hulk? If so, what did he say?

Anonymous said...

I'm so proud of you!! Good for you! The "Hulk" isn't so scary now is he? That's so cool!!