Monday, June 11, 2007

The 5 Things That Pissed Me Off Last Week #11

Been a few weeks since I have done this topic due to a variety of factors, mainly a lack of pissiness. But I was plenty pissed last week.

#5 - This would be much worse if it didn't get rectified at the end. We finally got our new sofas that we special ordered 3 months ago. But when they unwrapped them, they were different colors! I was pissed because they said it was a bad mistake and their fault, but it would take another 3 months to get the new one! Oh hell no!!! Luckily, they called me later in the day and told me they mistagged one of them and had ours in the warehouse. They brought it later in the day. They are lucky!

#4 - I went to a retirement party for my old boss on Friday and it was great to see everyone. Unfortunately, all my old coworkers told me a position had opened and they begged me to come back. I hate that I actually considered it for a while. I mean, it is too late now for me to do anything with my new job in full swing, but the temptation was there. Jessica reminded me that I left for a reason.

#3 - As many of you long time readers and family members know, Jessica and I have been trying to have a baby for about 3 years now with no success. We know now that she has problems with making a variety of hormones and so we started her on the hormone pills this month. How much did we have to pay for a one month supply of progesterone after the 50% payment by insurance? $170!!! Ouch! It better not take long!

#2 - I messed up on one of my new client's work. It was totally my fault. I was just so overwhelmed with work last week that I dropped the ball and completely forgot to do something. I called and apologized and got it pretty much straightened out, but it was very embarrasing.

#1 - I am in a major poker slump right now. For the last month and a half, I have gone totally card dead. I just sit there, watching the action, while I get horrible card after horrible card and get blinded down to zero. I try to mix it up and play a couple of at least semi decent hands, but nothing works out. I haven't had a slump like this in over a year. Winning 20 bucks in 2 months is not acceptable.

12 comments:

Mom said...

Cheer up! I'm glad you didn't fold under the peer pressure of your work friends. I know that was a difficult situation but you had to remember - you were tempted by your friends, not the job! Another thing, a baby is totally worth any amount of money spent so don't think about the money - you'll be spending much more than that when the baby arrives - and onto college!

Miss Sassy Pants said...

#5 - You never told me about them telling you it would be 3 months to replace the sofa! You probably knew that I'd blow a gasket and left that part out - smart man...

#4 - I know you miss the people you used to work with but you liked THEM, not teaching.

#3 - Tell it like it is, babe. I have to use that medication for THREE months, so it'll be $170 each month. But insurance is paying MORE than 50%, as the medication really costs $400 something each month, so as expensive as it is, it would be worse...

#2 - I say messing up in the beginning is better than messing up later - at least you can blame it on being new.

#1 - But you're still the points leader so you're not doing THAT bad.

Anonymous said...

The couch thing only pissed you off for a bit.

Former employers are former employers...

Hopefully it will be money well spent. Good luck

I hate making mistakes at work as well, they end up staying with me and making me wonder if I am right the next time.

I am not a card player, no help here.

AlienCG said...

Glad the couch thing did end up working out in the end. I was hoping my couch and chair would be absolutely perfect and they were (and still are).

Don't go backwards. Jessica is correct, you left for a reason.

Damn drug companies. May the pitter-patter of little feet grace your home soon.

Mistakes happen, roll with them and learn from them.

Take some time off and let your luck recharge. That's all the advice I could give you.

Mrs. Hairy Woman said...

maybe if you took some of that progesterone before playing poker you could get a decent winning hand and a baby all at once.. Hope this week isn't so pissy...

Anonymous said...

All in all not a bad week. You got the right couch after all, you don't need to go back in time for work, $170 will seem like a great deal when you have a little bundle of love, work is work and there will always be problems, poker is a game of chance and skill. You will improve as dedicated to it as you are.
Hugs and I'm hoping we have good news about a new baby soon.

Jose said...

Wow, I hope you come out of the slump, not just on poker but the other stuff as well.

On a side note... About California, we lived in there over 20 years and moved to Phoenix in 1990. There is no way I would live in Southern California (Notice I say Southern) again, but we don't mind visiting our relatives, besides road trips are always fun.

laura b. said...

Oooohhh, I am new so I didn't know you guys are trying to have a baby!!! So cool.

npanth said...

Wow, sounds like you're at the center of the storm right now. Watch your poker game, when that starts improving, the rest will follow... not because good poker leads to good life (not saying it doesn't ;) ), but it's a good indicator of how you're feeling.

Sebastien Millon said...

I'm hoping you guys will have a baby soon, that would be soooo exciting!

MrManuel said...

Mom - Yeah, you got a point

Mrs - Point leader....whatever. i live in the now.

Evil - Yeah, I hate the wondering...

MrManuel said...

Alien - Time off? Never...


babybull - it is ok so far..

Nani - Yeah, hopefully someday soon

Jose - Hell, I would never live in SoCal

LB - Been trying a while...quite a while

npanth - yes, good poker does lead to good life!

seb - I hope so too