Monday, June 25, 2007

RIP Chris Benoit

Last week Rich wrote of the tasteless storylines lately in WWE, including the fake death of Vince McMahon. Today we learn that one of my favorite wrestlers, Chris Benoit, was found dead at home this morning along with his wife and child. Nothing else has been reported. Tragic. I am speechless and depressed all at once.

Here is a picture of him and Eddie Guerrero just a couple of years ago. This was the Wrestlemania where they both won world titles. Even though it was fake, you could see the genuine happiness for each other that night. The honor of being named champion. Now these two favorite wrestlers of mine are dead. So sad...



5 comments:

Mom said...

That is really sad. I never really saw him wrestle too much, but I do recognize him and his name. It's so tragic!

Miss Sassy Pants said...

Although I'm not a big fan of wrestling, its storylines or what it represents, I could tell that Chris Benoit was one of the good ones. It's tragic that it was his whole family.

Doesn't it seem like wrestlers die an awful lot? That's a profession I would never let you do, Manuel. Policeman, fireman, wrestler...

Sharon said...

Even though I like boxing sometimes... that's if the boxers are cute (Just Kidding!)I have to admit I know nothing about wrestling. This post... I believe is for the men!

Mrs. Hairy Woman said...

So sad.. the whole family gone.. just like that.. Keep us posted about why and how...

Anonymous said...

The details are getting really sick...apparently the story is not so sad for Benoit, but rather his family.

It looks like McMahon got some really bad storyline karma.....and a three hour show to boot.