Thursday, June 07, 2007

Trivia Thursday #10

Been a couple of weeks since you got some trivia so have fun. Take guesses...

1. What do you call a substance containing only one kind of atom??

2. What was the first war in which one jet plane shot down another?

3. What California town was named after a major movie studio?

4. What portable device did James Spengler invent in 1907, using a soap box, pillow case, a fan and tape?

5. What kitchen invention took the top prize at the 1893 Chicago World's Fair?

6. What was the most widely prescribe antideppressant in the U.S. in the 1990s?

7. What U.S. state has only 113 divorces for every 1,000 marriages?

8. What city has the most unlisted phone numbers per capita in the U.S.?

9. What is the lifespan of a dragonfly?

10. What zip code was mentioned 301 times in the first five years of Entertainment Weekly?

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

All guesses except 1 and 4. Here goes...
1. ?
2. WWI
3. Columbia
4. ?
5. Potato Peeler
6. Prozac
7. Utah
8. Washing DC
9. 1 week
10. 90210

Anonymous said...

3. Paramount
6. Prozac
9. 24 hours
10. 90210

Miss Sassy Pants said...

1. monoatomular
2. WW2
3. Hollywood
4. a hot air balloon
5. microwave
6. Prozac
7. Utah
8. Beverly Hills, CA
9. 1 week
10. 90210

Jose said...

I'll be honest these are too hard for me, and if I google them I'll be cheating. I did think #3 was Paramount but now I see Holywood is there too.

Sharon said...

1.
2.
3. Hollywood
4.
5.
6. Xanax
7. Utah
8.
9. 24 hours (I hope I'm wrong)
10.90210

Sharon said...

I noticed Mrs. Manuel is the only one who answered all 10 questions??? (I have know idea if they're correct... but may someone has some splaining to do!)

Miss Sassy Pants said...

Oh Sharon, I'm hurt it would even occur to you that I might be cheating! I ALWAYS answer all of the questions, even if I completely make up the answer - reference my answer to #1.

And because I sleep with the owner of this blog I happen to know that I only got 2 right, so that's evidence that there's no cheating...

Mrs. Hairy Woman said...

1. amoeba
2. ww1
3.Columbia
4.?
5. Can Opener
6. Prozac
7.Utah
8.NYC
9.2 weeks
10.90210

All guesses.. those are tough this week..

dmarks said...

"5. What kitchen invention took the top prize at the 1893 Chicago World's Fair?"

This is terrible. I'm really into the history of this fair, too. And I cannot recall the answer.

Sharon said...

Sorry Mrs. Manuel I just had to put it out there... maybe because I could only guess at 5 answers and I'm pretty positive only one could be right!

Mom said...

These are tough questions. I think I do only know a few. I do have to agree with Cassie on #3 however. Because where is Columbia California??? Paramount would be my guess as well. # 6 I'll say Prozac and #10 90210

MrManuel said...

Oops...sorry for the delay...

1. element
2. Korean (It says "jet")
3. Paramount
4. Vacuum
5. Dishwasher
6. Prozac
7. Nevada
8. Las Vegas
9. 24 hours
10. 90210