Thursday, June 21, 2007

Day 71

The 12 minute poem.
by
Wes Slater

In the heat of the moment you can say anything.
In the flash of a screen I can feel it skip a beat.
I can see the waves and the sand and somehow it's all about me.
Just my latest obsession no way to lie about it.
It's my team now and I ain't giving it up.
I didn't know how little I could care until these two gave me the chance.
Damn this desktop I really need to modify this screen.
I need more of it and fast.
No better yet I need to hold onto it and make it last.
My 12 minutes is up.
I gotta see some friends.
Too bad I'm mental, cause it's just not going away.

Rabble Rock!

3 comments:

Mrs. Hairy Woman said...

Wow! very good .. Like it a lot..

MrManuel said...

Why do you always call your pomes Wes Slater?

Miss Sassy Pants said...

That is the second time you've posted something by that Wes Slater. How did you discover him?