Sunday, June 10, 2007

Some More Movie Reviews

Saw three more movies since my last movie review post so here we go...

The Illusionist - Another magician movie that came out recently. By the way, what is it with Hollywood releasing two movies of the same nature at almost the same time? Examples of this include - Dante's Peak/Volcano, Armageddon/Deep Impact, and now, The Prestige/The Illusionist. Anyways..

I don't know, this was an ok film. This story focused on one magician, the always great Ed Norton, and centered around a love story/murder mystery. It has some interesting parts and had the Keyser Soze ending which is always fun, but I didn't feel there was anything special about the film. It even had the hottest girl in Hollywood, Jessica Biel, and it still wasn't enough to get me excited about it. Maybe this is because I had just seen the Prestige the week before and that was clearly a superior film in its acting, storyline, and directing. It is good for one viewing, but that is about it. 6 out of 10.









The Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Beginning - This is a prequal to a remake. Doesn't sound good already huh? Yeah, it really wasn't that great. Jessica and I love horror movies, and rent almost every one that comes out on Netflix. This had some interesting parts that explain how the family began their killing ways. Other than that though, it was all pretty standard horror stuff. 5 out of 10.






















Ocean's 13 - Brilliant. I loved Ocean's 11 and was so excited for

Ocean's 12, only to be disappointed as it was a complete style change. In fact, my review of Ocean's 12 was one of the first posts on this blog. I went into Ocean's 13 with careful optimism. The movie rocks! It goes back to its Vegas roots and kicks ass. All the cast is back sans the ladies and they all do a great job. The heist is a little over the top, but who cares! They all have such great chemistry together and just look so natural. It is just a fun movie and if you loved 11, but were a little let down by 12, give 13 a chance as you won't be disappointed. 9 out of 10.

5 comments:

Miss Sassy Pants said...

I thoroughly enjoyed Ocean's 13. Like you, I loved 11 but was disappointed by 12 but was exited for 13 anyway. It's just a FUN movie. The characters are great, so natural and charismatic together. I highly recommend it.

Mrs. Hairy Woman said...

I will wait till it comes out on DVD.. I liked "The Illusionist" far better than "The Prestige".. Both main actors were pretty good.. But I didn't like the girl that played the love interest Scarlett Johanson I don't care for her a whole lot...

Anonymous said...

Never an "Ocean's" lover...too many big celebrities for me.

Texas Chainsaw the Beginning had one thing and one thing only going for it, R. Lee (the Dad). I am sick and tired of the remakes on top of remakes of the classic.

Tara said...

I know what you mean about movies of the same theme getting released at the same time. I liked "The Illusionist" better than "The Prestige". Also am a huge fan of Ed Norton.

Mom said...

I'll see Ocean's 13. Never saw Oceans 12. I'll probably wait for DVD, however.