Sunday, June 10, 2007

Day 82

I went to the store today. I bought myself a peach as as I was bringing it up to the checkout stand I had this thought.

1996.

The Presidents of the United States of America.

"Moving to the country, I'm gonna eat a lot of peaches."

This was the theme song for my senior year of High School. For some reason there was a group of us that gathered in one car for the ride to school. I believe it was Jeremiah's G-ride. he and his brother Duncan would take off and stop and pick up Phil and myself and then I think we would stop and get Manuel as well. Then this song would play. Everyday. Along with "Lump". I can't say that I was on board with the musical tastes of the group for the most part. Every now and then Phil would slip in some D.R.S. for some "Gangsta Lean". That would even out the rides as far as I was concerned cause I could not wrap my mind around such lyrics as those contained within that classic "Peaches". Thanks to all those many rides I was able to flashback 11 years and instantly start singing once I took my first bite of my peach today. Classic material. I might have to visit Itunes and get it just to be nostalgic tomorrow. Nothing beat those late trips to school and walking down to first period. Chemistry I think. Mr. Youroshek. My spelling may be off, but that was just classic times. The first 15 minutes of everyday was spent seeing who brought the cookies and how much every one around me didn't get done as far as HW went the night before. I was far from the brightest guy in the class, but I always seemed to be the one maintaining a level head as J-Rider and PO started barking about LLC activities and the such. I was not a member. I was an Independent. You had to be there for any of this to make sense. Just had to continue my daily flashbacks. It's late I have to work. I have to drag my dog inside the house and put him to sleep. Long live "Peaches."

Money is Power. Rabble Rock!

4 comments:

Tara said...

That's what I meant to get! A bag of peaches! Arrrgh! Friday is payday, I'm determined to buy some.

MrManuel said...

I don't know what is funnier - the fact that you remember this song being played in the car or the fact that I used to get a ride to school when I lived a block away.

Mom said...

I remember the song and I love the flashback. What??? Late for school??? Not my son!!! Next you'll be telling me he skipped school! Why wouldn't they pick you up Man - at least their car was already warmed up. And then it was back to the house after school. I remember the days well - loved everyone of you guys. Especially Rich since he would eat anything we had. I'd even buy Phil his favorite soda, just to have on hand.

Miss Sassy Pants said...

Mr, Yeroshek taught physics. Mr. Fox taught chemistry. I was never a huge President's fan, although I liked Lump. I was never a part of LLC because I was neither Latino not male, but I remember once in Mr. Cook's government class Gary Goings wrote LLC on Kathy Whelan's leg was she was sleeping. I laughed so hard I nearly wet my pants. Good times, good times. Thanks Rich, sometimes it just takes a little kick start to jog some fun memories.