Monday, June 04, 2007

Birthday time

On Sunday we celebrated my sister's 21st birthday. I was excited because it meant I was going to have plenty of opportunities to take pictures. Here are some of my favorite ones. Be sure to click them to make them bigger.

One of my dad's MANY flowers in the front and back yard.





Another flower. I LOVE this picture...





Their dog Duquesa playing with Cassie.






Another picture of Duquesa and Cassie playing. Npanth, what do I have to adjust to make the dog lighter? I am on the ground pointing upwards.






Their other dog Logan. He's a cute boy.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Nice Blog My Friend. Be sure to check mine out. I do not have as near the stuff as you do, but you may look at mine.
Jeff Kukral

www.simplyjeff.blogspot.com

Jose said...

Happy birthday to your sis, hope you had a grand time.

I love the mame Duquesa, sound pretty classy to me.

Tara said...

Great photos! Happy belated birthday to your sistah! And I love the flying dog and the earth-bound dog too.

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for posting those lovely pictures.Happy Birthday on your sis's 21st birthday!Check by blog for cute birthday details.

Miss Sassy Pants said...

That picture of the ultra close up flower is awesome. It's like flowers in a flower. You're getting better every day - keep up the good work!

npanth said...

Those all came out great! Nice job! If you set your EV +0.7 or +1, that will expose the dog more.
You could also switch to a spot meter, and focus on the dog. That would expose for the dog, but not be tricked by that bright sky.
You made some really cool captures, I like the dog pictures a lot!

Crazy Bitch said...

Those are GREAT pictures! That was a GREAT party!