Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Top Five Tuesday #11

Hard at work, but I guess I can take a quick break to post. I debated posting only because it puts newer posts down farther and then they don't get read. This happened yesterday to MrVideoGuy's post on places he would like to visit. Normally, I would have figured you readers would be all over a post like that because it is easy to ready, and even easier to comment on as I am sure there are places you would all like to visit. I posted a bunch of new pictures last night, but by posting this, it pushes it 2 posts down. Be sure to check them out. Off the soapbox...

As I am working in the quiet right now, it got me thinking of what songs would wake me up. What songs either make you want headbang/sing/dance/etc. What songs get your juices flowing? You don't even have to be a rocker. What song comes on and you instantly HAVE to sing? Here are my top 5 songs at the moment that get me going...

#5 - Shinedown - Simpleman - This is a remake of the Skynard classic. Usually I don't like remakes, but the singer puts so much emotion into this song it gives you chills. You have to sing along.



#4 - Marilyn Manson :Angel with the scabbed wings. One of Manson's best songs. No video was ever made of this so here is a live performance of it. He puts ou so much enegy.



#3 - Static X: Destroyer. This is a fairly new song, but once I heard it once, I was hooked. The screaming, the beat, the sudden stops! All of those make me lOVE this song.



#2 - Mudvayne:Dig The angriest song I have ever heard! The double bass at the beginning is kick ass! So angry!!!



#1 - Self explanatory. Just watch...

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wake up with coffee and the news but Vanilla Ice worked for a noon picker upper. Thanks. :-)

mrvideoguy said...

I don't have to start singing these, but these are the songs that immediately get me going. I call them my entrance music if I ever became a prowrestler/UFC fighter.

5. "Walk" - Kilgore
If you ever saw pro wrestler RVD walk into an ECW arena with 3,000 fans singing the song word for word as he walked down the aisle you would know why this works for me.

4. "Enemy" - Sevendust
Call it my angry youth song.

3. "My Time" - James A Johnston
A WWF original theme song for one of my favorite wrestlers HHH. I saw him transform from on the show to being the main attraction. This song represents him kicking in that door to the top.

2. "The Touch" - Stan Bush, Transformers soundtrack

Ya Transforners are becoming in again, but I had this soundtrack years ago just for this song alone. You had to be of that generation and been a kid who went and saw the original animated movie in theatres to get why this is meaningful. Otherwise the song is just a corny piece of crap.

1. "Go To Sleep" - Eminem, Obie Trice, DMX Cradle 2 the Grave Soundtrack

I am surprised I have not heard one UFC fighter use this song. Maybe a lil too much profanity, but if a song ever represented what you wanted to do to your opponent without literally killing them this is it. I am happy to pass it on to anyone because it's just chilling.

Anonymous said...

Five wake up songs eh? (be warned)
5. Strength Beyond Strength by Pantera

4. People = Shit by Slipknot

3. Praise of Death by Slayer

2. Scratch the Surface by Sick of it All

1. Isolation by The Spudmonsters (clevo hardcore)

Miss Sassy Pants said...

Oh Manuel, THIS is why we're married - I also LOVE Angel with the Scabbed Wings, Dig and Destroyer. Those are ALL songs I turn the radio up REALLY loud. Simple Man (Shinedown's version) is one of 2 songs that immediately come to mind where the singer uses so much emotion that you as a listener to the song can't help but be touched.

Mom said...

I sing to almost anything. I don't know if there is one song that really gets me going. I'll have to think on this one. Good post because it will get me thinking.

Anonymous said...

I love Ice, Ice Baby!!! Did you ever see the skit on Saturday Night Live where Kevin Bacon plays Vanilla Ice?? A classic.

"Word to your mother!"

Crazy Bitch said...

I always knew you were cool, Man, but now I REALLY know! Your and MrsManuel's taste in music is excellent. (I don't really know about the Vanilla Ice one, though)Rock ON!!!!!!!