Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Day 87

17 minutes to write something down. Okay here it goes.

I am the adapter. I think part of figuring myself out lately is that I am something different to everyone. I seem to provide a service for all my friends and family. I am not going to say that I like this multifaceted role all the time. I kinda fell into it in cases. I kinda just made it what I was cause of my ability to listen and not say anything.

I can be on the phone for an hour and half and say 10 minutes worth of words and still get my point across. I am a good listener I guess. Otherwise I wouldn't be getting talked to this much. This is one I don't mind. If she talked for 3 hours I would listen. She is why I have 1000 whenever minutes on my cell phone plan. Thank you T-Mobile.

I am the caretaker. I am figuring something out about living with people. If you do something once, it becomes your job. I dislike the attitude that even if I don't do it someone else will get to it. What a lazy attitude! I can't stand it. Life isn't about how easy you can make it on yourself. It's about how easy you can make it for someone else. I guess I am just wanting someone to help me.

I am the friend. I can look into my future and if I go away on my own and make my own life I might be very alone at home. I am reaching that age where my Dad was at when he had me. Unless I impregnate a whore sometime soon, it probably won't be happening at the same time line. I don't want to be my Dad. But if I was like him as he is now, I think I would love it. For some reason I don't think he likes it very much. That said I am now his son and his friend. Weird and new.

I am the contributor. I have this feeling that a while back I only wrote to see how many people commented. It fed my ego. Now I write cause at the end of the day I can sum it all up. I write cause it is making me happy. I write cause. Just Cause.

I am the mentor. I have friends that I have known now for years from online adventures. They have grown up and are going through things in their life that I have yet to partake. As it turns out all my life's lessons and teachings may have been better suited for me. I should have been listening to my poor friends cause I thought they were not looking at life logically. I went at it the other way. While my friends were emotional and then found logic and sense to balance themselves out I went vice versa. Too much logic. No emotion. I know why I am the kid now in need of a mentor.

So who do you think you are to others? Rabble Rock!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

At work I am the one that can be counted on. Like you, I can't stand to leave it for the next person. A little OCD helps keep that part of me going.
At home, I am learning to let that go a little bit. I can count on my husband to pick up the slack.
You are really working hard at learning who you are. You are you Rich, unique and wonderful in your own way. Don't try so hard. You'll wear yourself out.

Mrs. Hairy Woman said...

I am a friend when someone needs to bend my ears with all their drama.
I am organized.. Well not completely.. but another 20 yrs and I will have it.
I am dependable.. I don't like people waiting for me.. I feel more rushed and under pressure when that happens..I too am an adapter.. I can adapt to any situation.. whether I like it or not.
I'm a nurturer.. I can help those that are sick and and take care of their house if need be.

That was fun...

Miss Sassy Pants said...

* I am the caretaker. I take care of 2 dogs, a husband, a sick mom. I'm a nurse, afterall.
* I am the funny one. I make people at work laugh all the time.
* I am the resource. People at work come to me when they need help.
* I am the planner. No spontaneous adventures for me. I like to know when, where, for how long, with who, etc.
* I am the one who keeps the faith. Not religious faith, but the faith that my heart's deepest desire will happen one day soon. It HAS to.