Sunday, June 03, 2007

The 500th post spectacular

Well, after two and a half years of blogging, I have reached 500 posts on my blog. When I started writing this blog, I really didn't know what to expect. Well, actually, what I thought was all I had to do was start writing and people would flock to my blog. I mean, that is how the internet works right? Well, I was wrong. For really the first year and a half, nobody but a couple of family members read my blog. I even tired commenting on some other people's blogs to try to get some people to visit, but nothing. Eventually things turned around and I have the readership I have now. Sure, I have nowhere near the amount of comments that a lot of other people I read have, but I have what I consider a good amount of readers.

Branching out has also allowed me to read some great blogs and even greater bloggers. You all keep me very interested and I look forward to all of your posts. I try to comment on almost every post you all do just to show that I appreciate what you do. An extra special thanks has to go out to Val as she was the very first fellow blogger to take an interest in my blog and become a consistant reader. Now, there are so many of you and I could say something good about each and ever one of you.

Another thanks has to go out to my wife and MrVideoGuy for being guest contributors. The have kept the blog going in the times when I didn't feel much like writing. My wife with her great work stories and MrVideoGuy with his almost always deep views on life have given this blog a change of pace that is sometimes needed.

So what do I have in store for the blog now? Probably not too many changes right now. I like the direction the blog is going. The daily themes have inspired me keep writing as I never feel like I am lacking in what to write. I am not much for daily updates on my life as I usually find that kind of stuff boring. Even in "real life", if someone asks what I did for the day, I reply, "not much." I'm not much for details. That is probably why my posts are generally shorter than most of yours.

So, I guess that's it. Post #500 is over and it is now time to start thinking of the next 500. Keep coming by, tell your friends, pull up a chair, and stay a while. Drinks are on me.....

13 comments:

Miss Sassy Pants said...

Congrats, sweetie! Since drinks are on you, I'll take a mojito. Thanks.

My word verification is: jjuoolz. That's awesome.

Anonymous said...

A margarita for me, please. I love me some tequila.

(In moderation, of course.)

PS. Thanks for the shout out, you sweet man you. :)

Anonymous said...

I'll have a glass of Merlot.
Thanks for the always interesting posts. I look forward to them every day.
Hugs and happy smiles.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on the big 500th post! I know I don't really comment to often, but I do read every post!

Here's to the next 500, mine's an Orme's Best :)

MrManuel said...

Mrs - Mojito it is

Val - Moderation? What fun is that?

Nani - You're welcome

Rhys - Thanks. Coming from a dedicated, experienced blogger like you, that means a lot.

Mrs. Hairy Woman said...

I'll have an ice cold beer.. Cheers to you and 500 posts.. Wtg...Always interesting stuff you have to read....it keeps me coming back for more.....

Tara said...

Congratulations on reaching 500! May you have many more years of blogging with more and more visitors!

laura b. said...

Congrats on your 500th! May you post many more.

Anonymous said...

Happy 500, keep on keepin' on.

Keep the current format, I like the daily features such as wordless Wed. and Trivia Thur., and 5 things that pissed me off. Makes me feel like I know what day it is.

fringes said...

Congratulations on the big 500!

Mom said...

I miss the dailies but congrats anyway. I hope the next 500 comes way faster. I'll take anything with rum and pineapple juice.

Sebastien Millon said...

Congrats on the 500 posts! I suggest that you do lots of drinking to celebrate this occasion!

Keep it up buddy!

Anonymous said...

I'll have a kahlua and cream...Congrats on the big 500!!!