Thursday, June 21, 2007

A Worthy Cause

I haven’t posted in a while so I thought I’d write to tell you about a worthy organization. The Animal Rescue Site gives you lots of different opportunities to fund different aspects of running an animal rescue organization/shelter. Of course they have a store where you can buy shirts and hats and pins and a bunch of other cute stuff, but what’s really cool is that they have things that are free to you, but money and food still get donated to the shelters!

They have a purple Fund Food For Animals button. If you click it, 0.6 bowls of food get donated to help feed shelter animals. You can sign up for a daily e-mail to remind you to click it. They also have e-cards you can send to your friends and families with pictures of cute dogs and cats. I’m not sure how much food gets donated for each card you send, but it costs you nothing and you’re helping a worthy cause.

Visit the website and check it out for yourself – they do a very good job of explaining the organization, letting you know that 100% goes to the animals and that they don’t sell your personal information. Here is the link to the site: http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/tpc/ERA_061907_ARS

Let me tell you why I think this organization is worthy.

We adopted Leia from the Sacramento SPCA 12/14/02. She is a beautiful dog. She is a very smart dog with a vocabulary of about 40 words and she does some fun tricks. She is a great friend, always happy to see you, always entertaining, always willing to give (and receive) love. It breaks my heart to think that if we hadn’t adopted her she might have been put to sleep. That would have been a waste of a wonderful pet. I love her and cannot imagine my life without her in it.

Please please please, animal lover or not, visit The Animal Rescue Site. They have so many different online activities that cost you nothing but a few seconds of your time and benefit animals waiting in rescues centers/shelters to be adopted by a loving family.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

OK. I'll make it a point to visit from my home computer.
Leia is a sweetie and I am so glad she found a good home.

npanth said...

After adopting my dog a couple years ago, I decided to volunteer at the county shelter once a week. It's been a really good experience. Thanks for the link

Mom said...

Thanks for hooking me up about a week ago. I've been clicking ever since. Leia is wonderful and I can't imagine life without her either - or for that matter, not having any pet at home. Seeing her at the shelter and seeing her now warms my heart every time I think of it. Glad you shared the news.

Mrs. Hairy Woman said...

When I was a kid we found this little dog wandering around the school property.. we eventually brought her home and she became a very loyal friend and guardian.. She would chase just about anything.. She was shot twice from I recall.. by hunters on our property.. she survived the first time and the second time no such luck.. she had one litter of pups and we gave all of them to the S.P.C.A and they were all adopted out.. The we adopted three more dogs and all were welcome...We had dogs from all walks of life and they were all loyal and friendly...and a part of our family... The Sheep Dog was Teddy
Kelly The miniature Sheltie, Maple the mixed Hound/Lab and MamaDuke the Great Dane... They were loved very much and I still miss them to this day... We have Cats now that we adopted...Riley and Fidget

Jose said...

Wow, that is a beautiful looking dog. So good of you guys to adopt her. I'm really not a pet person but I'll go check the site just to see what it's all about.