Sunday, June 03, 2007

Day 89

Got tomorrow off. Thank god I can stay up and write this loveliness. By the way screw the Roseville rec basketball league referees. They are soo F'n clueless.

So an idea struck me today and I thought I would make a list.

Places to go before I am 50. Or maybe when I hit 50. Not sure yet on that part of it.

1. Jay and Silent Bob's Secret Stash and Quick Stop Groceries.
I am a huge Kevin Smith fan. I love all the movies he has made and even watched movies he has only acted in. The first place is a comic book store with a east coast and a west coast location. I guess I would prefer to hit up the original one in New Jersey cause while I was there I could head over and check out the Quick Stop. It is famous for being the location of Kevin Smith's break out movie titled "Clerks." I'd just love to see where that kinda movie magic took place. Then I would apply for a job and immediately become Dante.

2. Madison Square Garden.
The most famous theatre in the world. I would prefer to see a concert of some sort there. Perhaps a Christina Aguilera concert? I have only been to one concert ever and I would love to be able to say I saw her perform live once in my life. I have been to New York before, but I hit up the baseball stadiums. Shea and Yankee stadium in one week. Great times. Gotta hit the Garden once. I would have preferred to hit up the Boston Garden, but it is no longer with us and the mystique apparently went with it. Damn Celtics.

3. Wembley stadium or perhaps the new football stadium being built for Liverpool FC in England.
I have to watch in person just one English Premier league match. I am a soccer fan and as such like to watch the top of the world play. The number one club league going in the world is located in England. Liverpool is the team I support. I have to be around that atmosphere just once. Soccer is passion and nothing excites me more than a passionate gathering of people all there to watch and enjoy the same thing you are there to see.

4. The MGM Grand Arena in Las Vegas.
Front row or as close to the cage as possible. UFC PPV. It is becoming my favorite spectator sport and somehow being up close and personal once seems like a fun time. Watching the fighters come to the octagon and battle it out. I love watching on TV and seeing every bit of the action, but somehow it would all be that much more intense being right there. Plus Vegas baby. can't go wrong with things to do before and after the fight.

5. Mitchell and Ness store in Philadelphia
They are the finest producers of throwback jerseys in the world. I happen to own a jersey or two produced by this company and I just love wearing them. I love representing a player from the past that I was a fan of and showing it off proudly by wearing his jersey. I would love to walk in there with a ton of money and a need to fill a closet. About $5,000 later and a few carry-out bags later I would be one happy SOB. Speaking of which, does anyone have $375 I can keep forever? Wayne Gretzky jerseys are on sale and those are just the best looking jerseys and I NEED THEM! NOW!

6. Flight Club New York
What kinda store is this you ask? You guess it. A shoe store. I have a shoe problem. I must have my head checked soon. Along the same lines as my Mitchell and Ness stop I want to walk into this store and leave with at least 10 shoe boxes in my possession. It have rare collectible shoes and hard to find retro Jordans. I will be making a purchase from them soon and even though they have a store in LA as well, I would prefer the original instead.

7. Location TBD at least one Wrestlemania.
I am not as big a follower as I was back in 1998, but it will always hold a place in my heart and no matter what I will always line up and watch at least one WWE PPV a year. Wrestlemania. It was a staple for me growing up. I lost my way and found myself in love with pro wrestling once again at the age of 20. It is once again just a place to say I went to one of those one time and you can just have that story with you.

That's all for now. maybe my list will change. hopefully I get to 50 years old. Hopefully I still have this list. Hopefully I complete it. Time to go rob a bank kids. Rabble Rock!

4 comments:

MrManuel said...

Jess and I have been to Secret Stash in Red Bank New Jersey. It was cool. Kind of anticlimactic once you get there as it is basically just a comic store, but still, we completed the pilgramage.

I did a tour of the Garden on that same trip. I sat in a skybox, got to walk out of the famous tunnel like Willis, and went in the Knicks locker room. I have pictures if you want to see.

It is also my dream to see an EPL game live. One day. Old Trafford baby!

MrManuel said...

Oh yeah, I need ot go to Wrestlemania one day too!

Good post man.

Mrs. Hairy Woman said...

enjoy the day off.. One place I want to go before I turn 50 (yrs away).. New York City.. why I don't know.. cause I can, I will...

Miss Sassy Pants said...

Well thanks Manuel for saying everything I was going to in response to this post...